Funny looking bird as my first trainer .

Maxx

Hello everyone !

I build myself a FT cub recently
015.JPG

but I dicided to build a small 3 channels plane to learn on ( crash ... ) . I ordered the electronics , motor ,propeller of a XK A800 and build around that . Why not just buy the whole plane ? Because half the fun is done ...
Next step when I recieve the batteries will be to get my transmitter ready and bind my plane to it . Any link on how to bind a Jumper T8SG V2 plus to a XK A800 ?
So here's my one footed ugly bird . It was too complicated to make wheels with what I have on hand so I opted for that mono-ski thing to protect my motor , propeller , battery and antena below . At first I wanted a belly lander so I made a kind of a bumper to protect the motor and have the prop to take most of the hit . but I think it was not enough so that's why the monoski . Can't wait to my first flight ...

Thank you for watching and feel free to comment !

005.JPG
007.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
012.JPG
011.JPG
016.JPG

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Maxx
Very nice.
But with a folding prop you really don't need any sort of undercarriage. If you move the antenna to inside the fuselage (the foam makes absolutely no difference to the radio reception) then the underside of the fuselage will do just fine and the weight saved will mean it lands a bit slower too.
I fly from a rough grass field so virtually all my planes belly land even the scale ones. The only damage I am likely to suffer is from the few that do have undercarriage! :eek:

Maxx

Maxx
Very nice.
But with a folding prop you really don't need any sort of undercarriage. If you move the antenna to inside the fuselage (the foam makes absolutely no difference to the radio reception) then the underside of the fuselage will do just fine and the weight saved will mean it lands a bit slower too.
I fly from a rough grass field so virtually all my planes belly land even the scale ones. The only damage I am likely to suffer is from the few that do have undercarriage! :eek:
Weight is a issu , plus , I don't know how it would affect the flying performance . My main concern is to protect the motor if I land nose first .
I will seriously think about it . Thanks for the advice and for taking the time !

quorneng

Master member
Just a thought but have you thought of putting the battery in the skid?
It is the heaviest item so in a nose first 'landing' the less inertia there is behind the motor the better. It would also add to the pendulum stability of the plane making it less sensitive to control with rudder and elevator only.
Once you were happy with how it flew you could always return the battery to fuselage and do away with the skid.

Maxx

It is the heaviest item so in a nose first 'landing' the less inertia there is behind the motor the better. It would also add to the pendulum stability of the plane making it less sensitive to control with rudder and elevator only.
Once you were happy with how it flew you could always return the battery to fuselage and do away with the skid.
I didn't think of it , and it's a very good Idea . I will try it for shure .
Thank you for the suggestion !