Fusion Restoration

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
the way i repair holes in epp and epo is the same. If the hole goes all the way thru, like on a leading edge i will put painters tape on the back side, than mix up some gorilla glue and water, put into hole and put tape on the top. If its a leading or trailing edge wrap the tape around to match the profile. After 2 hrs you can take the tape off. may have to wait a little bit longer, but basically sand to shape if it pushed the tape out while setting.

thenated0g

Mentor
I have have 2x purchased epp kits and on both of them the standard seems to be to sand the cores, install any spars, glue wings together, wrap in continuous pieces from one wing tip to the next with filament reinforced tape. Like one layer top and bottom. Than iron on laminate over that or colored packing tape. Makes an incredibly strong wing in both cases.

On a couple of my diy planes i have done this as well. I found that if i sand the filament tape and wipe down with acetone, it takes paint really well and than cover that in laminate or clear packing tape.

thenated0g

Mentor
I have built a bunch of epp combat planes with just hot glue, works great. Personally i havent had any issues with brown gorilla glue and epp, but goop, shoogoo, and e6000 are nicer to work with IMH i just use them anyways now. CA glue works too...spray contact adhesive works well. Epoxy too! lol

bracesport

Legendary member
@jonoashton - silly me, I had packed some fibre tape in my bag the last day before the lockdown, so today I started the taping process - there are two layers of diagonal tape on both sides - still to add a tape wrap along and around the LE and TE - but otherwise, it is looking and feeling pretty good - don't worry about the weight, as the slope we fly at has quite a bit of wind and our ships need a bit of mass! :D

I will probably make my Ailerons out of 'Coroplast' core fluted polypropylene board.

IMG_8961.JPG
IMG_8964.JPG
IMG_8962.JPG
IMG_8963.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
taped up the fuse with the fibre tape and fitted the wing - there is a plug between the wing and the fuse which is very nice - next I want to re-fit all the 'tronics' and try and charge the batteries - first time with NiMH batteries (5 x 1.2v).

IMG_9053.JPG