Solved Futaba F-FHSS channel re-order

Maxx

Allo everyone !
I have a T8SG v2 plus and I'm trying to re-order the channels on my MinimumRC receiver ( Micro 7 chan. F-FHSS) but I can't . Even if I re-order on my transmitter , the receiver will still stay with the same Futaba F=FHSS order ( throttle is right side ).

Is it possible to re-order the channels and how ?
Thank you !

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
what are you trying to accomplish? you can just change which servo plug you put into which connector to switch how things are on the plane. The order of the channels really don't matter.

Maxx

what are you trying to accomplish? you can just change which servo plug you put into which connector to switch how things are on the plane. The order of the channels really don't matter.
I want to have the throttle on the left and elevator and rudder on the right side . I can change the plugs places but the throttle is welded there
And there's no other place for it ... There's a socket for throttle but it's a 3 pin and my motor has only 2 .

Bricks

Master member
I am a little confused are you trying to change for mode 1 to mode 2? Having only 2 wires for the motor are you using a brushless motor? What are you using for an ESC?

Maxx

I am a little confused are you trying to change for mode 1 to mode 2? Having only 2 wires for the motor are you using a brushless motor? What are you using for an ESC?
It's a micro receiver/brushed esc and it's mode is different than my mode-2 transmitter . Normally I can re-order channels from my transmitter
But with this receiver I can't ...

Bricks

Master member
Are you sure you have the reorder right which channel in the receiver is throttle it might be some od ball order. I would reorder in the transmitter one channel at a time until I found which channel was the throttle. This is weird as neither the receiver or transmitter should care which order is used as long as they are paired right. It should not make a difference but maybe try a rebind after each change.

JasonK

yah, i agree with what Bricks said... the receiver - if 'hard wired' has the ESC connected to channel x, servo a to channel b, etc... so if you can remap the order in your TX, then you shouldn't have any issue.

also mode 1 vs 2, should be 100% in the TX, the receiver shouldn't care or know about the difference.

Maxx

yah, i agree with what Bricks said... the receiver - if 'hard wired' has the ESC connected to channel x, servo a to channel b, etc... so if you can remap the order in your TX, then you shouldn't have any issue.

also mode 1 vs 2, should be 100% in the TX, the receiver shouldn't care or know about the difference.
So here is the beast
ovscr124_03.jpg the channel order for that Futaba is: 1-Ail , 2-ele , 3-throt , 4-rudder . no matter what order I put in my TX , when I bind it , it will always be the Futaba order ... I tryed on the OverskyRC site but they don't have that model anymore. New model doesn't have the bind button. I left them a message. I have no problems re-ordering my channels normally . Maybe I'm missing something in the binding process ?
I think it will go for sale very soon if I don't find a solution.
And I was happy to have a multiprotocol TX ...

Last edited:

JasonK

if the channel order on the receiver is AETR then you map your TX to that and you should be good. the receiver doesn't know anything about how the channels are wired up/configured in the TX, only the channel numbers that the signal gets sent with.

in fact, if that radio is OpenTX (can't tell from the store page), if you set your RX bind settings to Futaba, it should set your radio to tx AETR automatically.

Maxx

if the channel order on the receiver is AETR then you map your TX to that and you should be good. the receiver doesn't know anything about how the channels are wired up/configured in the TX, only the channel numbers that the signal gets sent with.

in fact, if that radio is OpenTX (can't tell from the store page), if you set your RX bind settings to Futaba, it should set your radio to tx AETR automatically.
My radio is a Deviation TX ...

Maxx

DUDE , IT WORKS .... All I did is to give my TX the same order as Futaba and voila !!! Throttle is on the left and everything is where it should be.
Thank you man !

Maxx

Allo everyone !
I have a T8SG v2 plus and I'm trying to re-order the channels on my MinimumRC receiver ( Micro 7 chan. F-FHSS) but I can't . Even if I re-order on my transmitter , the receiver will still stay with the same Futaba F=FHSS order ( throttle is right side ).

Is it possible to re-order the channels and how ?
Thank you !
Thank you everyone for helping me ! Greatly appreciated !

Joe Carpino

So here is the beast
View attachment 196376 the channel order for that Futaba is: 1-Ail , 2-ele , 3-throt , 4-rudder . no matter what order I put in my TX , when I bind it , it will always be the Futaba order ... I tryed on the OverskyRC site but they don't have that model anymore. New model doesn't have the bind button. I left them a message. I have no problems re-ordering my channels normally . Maybe I'm missing something in the binding process ?
I think it will go for sale very soon if I don't find a solution.
And I was happy to have a multiprotocol TX ...
I don’t know if this was already answered but the 3 pin socket for your throttle channel is optional. If you want to use a brushed motor that board does have a 5A internal esc and how you connect the motor is by the 2 solder pads on the bottom. One labeled M and one blank

Maxx

I don’t know if this was already answered but the 3 pin socket for your throttle channel is optional. If you want to use a brushed motor that board does have a 5A internal esc and how you connect the motor is by the 2 solder pads on the bottom. One labeled M and one blank
What kind of motor can I plug into that optional plug ? Brushless?