Futuristic Weapons Build Test: A Flying M1 Abrams

CatholicFlyer

m1.jpg

Okay, Flite Test, since we are entering into the Futuristic Style going on in the Military, I was thinking, build a RC M1 Abrams; a nice size, workable turret, tracks, it should be able to drive like a M1 Abrams, but then a added boast to the attack, able to fly, able to aim and fire with the same rate and accuracy. Either treat the under belly like a quad, or motors that can rotate from up and down like a quad and then vertical like a pusher plane.

CatholicFlyer

As a past M-1 crewman (1986-90) I am at once intrigued and terrified by this project.

figured since we are now having a Space Force, which means we will have something like flying tanks in space or whatever they come up with, so I thought for this show idea. I was wondering if it could be lifted like a quad by having lift in the under belly.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I though space force was just gonna be there to get satellites into space and such. And besides, who needs a M1 in the sky when you have A-10s and AH-64D's? this would be interesting though. possibly a quadcopter lifting the tank off the ground?

CatholicFlyer

I though space force was just gonna be there to get satellites into space and such. And besides, who needs a M1 in the sky when you have A-10s and AH-64D's? this would be interesting though. possibly a quadcopter lifting the tank off the ground?

has enough room for at least 3 or 4 good size RC Cars to drive it, so I would say it might be quad flyer or will put some wings on it as Josh Bixler said.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Yeah, that would probably have a wing and a bunch of the Big motors from the chairplane on it to fly. I am really sad about the A-10 though, that was a bad crash.

CatholicFlyer

Yeah, that would probably have a wing and a bunch of the Big motors from the chairplane on it to fly. I am really sad about the A-10 though, that was a bad crash.
yeah it was. should went brushless big prop motors in their cheap EDFs, get more power instead of the C pack motors.