Game of Drones - wicked strong quadcopter frame

cdraptor

I just wanted to let everyone know the Kickstarter for the Game of Drones combat tough quadcopter airframe is in it's final 24 hours. They are already funded and actually very close to their 50K target. Check out the videos, pretty impressive. I have been flying quadcopters for a while now and I am excited to get a frame I can beat around with much more. I wish this frame was out when I was learning to do flips with the quadcopter - me the gang at the office have a stock of F450 arms and we've gone through them. I am excited to get us setup with a few of these to get some fun combat going on. Especially now that DJI is dealing with some legal issues, not sure how easy stocking the F450 arms will be. If your a beginner this would be a nice frame to let you focus on flying and lower your worry about crashing. Check it out here is a link: Game of Drones Kickstarter

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I have found that the Armattan Frames can take a beating then get up and fly again right away. Both the aircraft grade aluminum and the new 6mm Carbon Fiber Frames are tougher than nails. ;)

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I can't tell. . . is that a bunch of small black ties stitching the top and bottom pieces together??

crlock

it is the most hideous thing i've seen, sorry had to say it, well not the Most hideous, but still, very ugly. would not buy it just because of that. besides it looks like a toddler's toy. damn i hate to look a that thing

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
it is the most hideous thing i've seen, sorry had to say it, well not the Most hideous, but still, very ugly. would not buy it just because of that. besides it looks like a toddler's toy. damn i hate to look a that thing

Well, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

My major issue is how excessively large the booms are in planform.

FATTY2.jpg

If they are going to throw efficiency completely out the window, they should have considered dropping the motors deeper in the frame for protection, recessing them into a well. Keeping the pit slightly larger than the motor diameter for cooling. The boom thump is already going to be high, so who would care if the props were swinging an inch closer to the booms.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I do like the idea of striped props though. Or better yet... spiral painted props to show movement, as well as some idea of rpm.

The problem is, 700-1600KV motors spin so un-godly fast, the painted line would have to be very thin.

Scan.jpeg

cdraptor

Well this Game of Drones frame is something I am not getting for looks - I picked up a couple of these frames Hunter Vtail - I actually put together 2 of the 500 size and waiting to pick up the canopy for the 500 when they come out with that. My main reason for the Game of Drones it to use my DJI motors I have hanging around with a frame I want to try to beat the crap out of - the goal it shouldn't look great or I won't want to beat it up :)

Also I like to invest in Kickstarter projects - love the idea of people taking ideas to production

Dumpster Jedi

The One Who Speaks
I just ordered the Hunter 400 V Tail frame this morning after staring at the page for a week. Then of course it needs motors/escs/FC/power distribution/Rx... so that $85 frame turned into a $300 quad really quick.

But at least it isn't taunting me anymore.