Garage Sale Finds E Flite Apprentice S 15E and a FlyZone Cessna 350 Corvalis

Captain Video

A couple weeks ago, I found an E Flite Apprentice S 15E and a FlyZone Cessna 350 Corvalis. Not having any experience with either, I am searching for advice, suggestions and mods for these craft. Thanks in advance.

shadeyB

Legendary member
FlyZone Cessna 350 Corvalis.

Its a great looking plane in the Air :) flys good on 2200 3s 5-7min flight time
advice - be careful landing as the Firewall/engine mount is weak, not too good on the grass unless its cut short
Top Tip
1 - stay away from trees
2 - stay away from trees next to the trees
3 - if the above two doesnt work ..... just smile at it
tree magnet.jpeg

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The Apprentice is a rock solid plane. We use them as trainers for our club. They glide for what seems like forever, and have the ability to pull aerobatic flight if you want to try it. We've had guys buy them as their starter planes, and they've flown them for years afterwards. We have a member of our club that will take one and fly it inverted at 2-3 inches off the runway; I'm still not sure how he manages to pull that off. :)

Definitely a great plane for your hangar.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hey ShadeyB
Have any thoughts about how it might be reinforced to prevent such carnage?
firewall.jpeg

:) only when u cut it up .... lol Repair ....can you reinforce it due to the position of the firewall see below
other than that dont nose dive it or come in HOT when landing lol

Unfortunately i cant buy replacement firewall in UK, tried different glues and resin however the type of hard plastic its made from dont take glue very well and snaps again,,,,,,,,,, Watch,,,,,coming in HOT .......... lol
i intend to glue and screw a plywood backplate to it and hope for the best ........... landing .... coming in HOT .....lol

other than that buy a spare fuselage ... ! not !

Attachments

• firewall housing.jpeg
    firewall housing.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • mashed up.jpeg
    mashed up.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • work shop.jpeg
    work shop.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Captain Video

I have been trying to sell the idea to my wife how the 3D printer could benefit our house with the plastic things that break and can be replaced with the parts from the printer...Has not worked yet. I remain optimistic though.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I have been trying to sell the idea to my wife how the 3D printer could benefit our house with the plastic things that break and can be replaced with the parts from the printer...Has not worked yet. I remain optimistic though.

Tell her you can make her some succulents planters. It worked for my wife; I made a bunch of planters in the shape of turtles for her. :)