Gas engine RC plane

daniil

Hi guys,
i'am young engineer from Lithuania. I'm trying to build carbon frame plane with two cameras one in the front and one 360 camera under it controlled remotely from ground station.
Currently i'm looking for some resource how to build plane with gas engine.
I know how to build with electrical engine, but i have no idea how to connect electronics with gas engine for RC Plane.
Could anybody help ?

P.S
Also if this is the wrong forum for this kind of topic - sorry

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
What is your question of you know how to build with electrical engine?

There is a throttle servo that you connect to the radio channel you connected your motor controller.

As for the gas engine you need to specify but for both 2 and 4 stroke you will probably get the ignition electronics together with the engine. There will be some information with the enginge depending how many cylinders you are going to use.

Some gas engines are used with glow instead of spark electronics saving some problems, but most glow engines are for "nitro fuel" and do not require any electronics.

daniil

What is your question of you know how to build with electrical engine?

There is a throttle servo that you connect to the radio channel you connected your motor controller.

As for the gas engine you need to specify but for both 2 and 4 stroke you will probably get the ignition electronics together with the engine. There will be some information with the enginge depending how many cylinders you are going to use.

Some gas engines are used with glow instead of spark electronics saving some problems, but most glow engines are for "nitro fuel" and do not require any electronics.

I think main question is how to controll throtlle. Is there any connector to main board or it should be controlled with servos mechanically?