Gearing up for Flite Fest 2018.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
How did we miss you. JimCR120 and I were one of the last ones packing up to leave. We were also watching Josh fly the PPG while Stefan and his lovely wife kept us company as we broke camp for well over an hour. Shame we were not more familiar with each other back then and could have spent some time hanging out as well. The PPG did not sound healthy one pass on landing and josh went down below our line of site so Stefan rolled over to check on him.

We ended up talking with Mr Fury for a good hour or so at the exit where he was with the loader dumping trash. Such a cool person he is I wanna tell ya. Backs those boys 1000%. We heard stories of the boys growing up and how tight they were. If 1/10th of the worlds dads were as motivated and family solid as he is this world would be 100% better then its ever been.

@sprzout yeah mate volunteer. Meeting people is easy as they come preloaded with the starter conversation of what they need help with. After that its nerd speak and instant buddies specially when you meet someone you been yakkin with here in the forums and can finally put a face to the name. It was hard for me to hide being the only one there with a purple beard so I had no way to escape hehe this year I will be camouflaged. Its green!!

Not sure how we missed each other. I did see you, based on your description of your coloring choice last year, but I'm generally more of a keep to myself type and if I see a video camera/camera crew, I go the opposite direction. That basically meant if I saw Christian last year (and Dave and Brian - camera crew, from previous years) I would pull a disappearing act. I wasn't as on the ball with that in 2014 and still managed to get caught in the corner of some footage. Likewise last year, when I thought I had made it out with no video captures, only to see in the "crash course" video a brief shot of me seasoning some burgers at the Fatshark/GetFPV BBQ... of all things.

I'll be sure to seek you out and say hello, and try to convince you to fly my BluBaby.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Big shout out to all the generous donors who contributed to the collection to put RCExplorer/David Windestål on an aero-plane (full scale) to come visit Ohio for FliteFest 2018! The campaign fully met it's goal yesterday. Many thanks to everyone who contributed big and small. Contributors included those who are going to be attending FF will now have an opportunity to see David again, as well as those who contributed even though they can't make it, simply because they appreciate everything David has done for the hobby, FliteTest, and this community. I'm hoping this will be an awesome trip for him. I know that I'm definitely bringing my FT Electrohub based tricopter in addition to my RCExplorer Tricopter V2.5ish (a hybrid of parts from V2 and V3). Heck, maybe I'll finish my SBK FT Viggen or Spitfire (his fixed wing designs for FT) in time for FF!

Here's the link to the now closed campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/rcexplorer-amp-flitefestohio-2018

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Big shout out to all the generous donors who contributed to the collection to put RCExplorer/David Windestål on an aero-plane (full scale) to come visit Ohio for FliteFest 2018! The campaign fully met it's goal yesterday. Many thanks to everyone who contributed big and small. Contributors included those who are going to be attending FF will now have an opportunity to see David again, as well as those who contributed even though they can't make it, simply because they appreciate everything David has done for the hobby, FliteTest, and this community. I'm hoping this will be an awesome trip for him. I know that I'm definitely bringing my FT Electrohub based tricopter in addition to my RCExplorer Tricopter V2.5ish (a hybrid of parts from V2 and V3). Heck, maybe I'll finish my SBK FT Viggen or Spitfire (his fixed wing designs for FT) in time for FF!

Here's the link to the now closed campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/rcexplorer-amp-flitefestohio-2018
Ahhhh! And yet another reason to regret not being able to go. (Sorry DW) I'm setting my sights on FFO'19 when I'm supposing it'll be at Edgewater.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not sure about a battery station, but there is plenty of power in the build tents for you to plug in and charge.