General area type category

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Hey
can we get a general type topic area? You know for a thread you want to start but don't know where to post it or it can go in a few different areas. I have one or two topics I want to bring up but I can't figure out where they would go.

robschonk

Since I visit the forum a few times a day, I just click on "New Posts", so I very rarely look at individual sections. That way I don't miss out if someone puts a post in the wrong topic.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
We might have to implement a voting system to add new sections, or something. The trouble we've already run into, is the complaint that there's too many different sections already.

lonewolf7717

I am one of those who leans towards trimming it down a bit. I like the "idea" of general convo sections but when you really pay attention to how often they are used or viewed it sorta seems like a waste of space. Not much movement in the classifieds section either.

lonewolf7717

There is enough redundancy online to reach out and connect or share. Sure I would love FT forum to be the "be all end all" but as a tool to research and find info it needs to be as clean and straight forward as possible. We really are dealing with a matter of semantics here anyways, so far as section titles are concerned.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
We might have to implement a voting system to add new sections, or something. The trouble we've already run into, is the complaint that there's too many different sections already.

I propose a reorganization.

The "look here first section" Could be converted into one single category instead of 3 (4 for the mentors).

The FliteTest subforum stays the same.

On the Flite Deck subforum, only information pertaining to FliteTest which doesn't fit the first subforum. Take out Tutrials, Videos, and HobbyKing/Horizon as they are no longer sponsors.

In General RC Topics, keep:

- User Generated Challenges
- Flite School
- The Gift of Flite
- Not quite Flite
- That's going to need stitches
- Night Flying
- Combat, Racing and other Competitions
- Simulators

Then the rest of the forum would be set up as follows:

Planes
- Sport and Trainers
- Gliders and Slope Soarers
- Flying Wings
- Aerobatic and 3D
- Indoor
- Warbirds
- Scratch Builds
- Planes

Multirotors
- Flight Controllers
- Frames
- Setups

FPV
- FPV
- Aerial Photography and Video
- UAV

Helicopters
(not a heli guy, cant say how it would be organized)

Workbench
- Batteries
- Chargers
- Tools
- Electronics

got bored writing, sorry.

robschonk

There's a "Behind The Field Shed" section that might be good for general bovine fecal matter discussions, but it appear to be password protected....

robschonk

There are so many overlapping sections with enough ambiguity, that finding specific information without using the Search function is really a cr@p shoot.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I think colorex has something there. What I was looking for was a place to ask a question if anyone knows why some vendors can ship the same day but others take a week or so. Couldn't really see a place where I could gripe about it since its not really a recommendation for a vendor or a don't go there about a vendor. Just a question maybe someone could answer for me. So if someone thinks it should go in a certain area let me know ill post this little rant in there.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
There are so many overlapping sections with enough ambiguity, that finding specific information without using the Search function is really a cr@p shoot.

I think that's why Chad has developed the "Articles" (found at "FliteTest.com) section which is actually separate from the forums. Where the forums can be used as an information source, it's more of a social interaction for people of like minded interests. The separate sections allows for people with more specific interests to better converse and exchange ideas. In contrast the Articles section is purely for collection and transfer of information.

http://flitetest.com

earthsciteach

Bah - pick a forum that you think is close to the topic and post in it. If anybody gives you the, "This belongs in the WWII between 1939 and September 23rd, 1941 forum," tell them, "That ain't how we roll around here, brother."