Get your MoneyShot on!

NJSwede

Hi!

Thanks for all the good work for the hobby you do on your show!

A few months ago, HobbyKing released a plane called the MoneyShot, full of smutty innuendo for sure. I picked one up mostly because of the silly name, but soon found out that the plane flies REALLY well. There's been a lot of discussions on this plane on the forums (here for example: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1508476) and I would love to get your guys' opinion on the plane.

In fact, it surprises me a bit that you haven't done a review of it yet, given all the juvenile fun there is to be had over the name. Then again, you're trying to run a family show, so... :)

But still, this bird is well worth a review and I'd really enjoy getting your opinions on it!

Until then, keep producing this great show!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
NJ, I've subscribed to the thread you linked. I'm looking forward to see what KE has to say about it.

I do enjoy how invested the koolaid drinkers can be in their particular brand of airframe, and how upset they get if someone says something positive about a HK product.

It makes for some interesting reading.

NJSwede

NJ, I've subscribed to the thread you linked. I'm looking forward to see what KE has to say about it.

I do enjoy how invested the koolaid drinkers can be in their particular brand of airframe, and how upset they get if someone says something positive about a HK product.

It makes for some interesting reading.

I wish I was a skilled enough 3D pilot to prove the haters wrong. All I can say is that for the level I'm at and the kind of flying I do, the plane is nothing short of fantastic. My point of view is that just because a plane might never win a national 3D championship doesn't mean that it's not a perfect fit for the everyday hobbyist.

Anyway, I would really enjoy if Josh and Josh could do a show on this. I understand they probably have scheduled reviews for the next 6 months, so I'm not holding my breath... :)

BTW, if anyone is thinking of getting one, they may want to check post #253 on the post I mentioned earlier. I posted a few very simple fixes that should help with some issues people have reported.

I would also enjoy a review on it. I had gotten a crashed Precision Aerobatics "Addiction" airframe a while back and spent quite a bit of time repairing it and getting it looking really nice. By the time I did, however, I had a couple other projects that needed my attention and I lost sight of my goal to put the Addiction in the air and ended up selling it.

Well, the Money Shot looks to be very similar to the Addiction airframe (minus a whole lot of carbon reinforcement). So it might just be a cheaper alternative for me now that I kinda regret letting the other bird go. I know it's probably not anywhere near a real comparison, but for a guy who's no 3d pilot, it'd be plenty for me.

I'm going to check out that thread you linked to, thanks!
-Jeff