Getting Anxious to Finish 2 Build and 1 Mod Projects

RC Dad

My son's and I have 3 projects underway we just can't seem to finish. One we just decided to do yesterday so we can't be too anxious yet...

My projects I would love to finish are as follows:

1. EOT Models - Rarebear
This is a plane my eldest got for Xmas. I am trying to wait and complete it with him, but he has been so busy with school and scouts and sports, we can't find the time to finish it. Our goal is to get it in the air this weekend.

2. Scratch-build of the SkyBox - a version of Ed's (Experimental Airlines) $ Tree Foam Axon. Building it with 60" wings and a larger tail feather section. This one is ready to go except for the motor. Have had a heck of a time figuring out how to power it. Was going to try to use a Turnigy SK3530-1100 on it, but decided that given the size prop I can fit on the plane, it would not work well. So am waiting for a Heads Up RC 3536-16 to arrive in the mail. If it gets here on Saturday, we could possibly get this in the air this weekend too.

3. Our latest project - Convert our Super Cub to Brushless using the perviously mentioned SK3530. Also waiting on parts to arrive, but we may just go to the LHS and get some threaded bar stock and get the motor mounted. Another possibility to get this in the air as well

Also looking forward to maidening our combat Blue Wonder that has been completed for a few weeks now.

Not sure if we'll get any of these done for the weekend, but really hoping to get a few of them in the air. Weather is projected to be great for flying.

Oh well, just thought writing about all these project would help me deal with not getting them done...

Stay tuned, we may get some video up next week...Remember, my flights don't seem to last much longer than 15 second:eek::eek:

RC Dad

Thanks RCPlaneguy. I will look into that mount. I am cheap so trying to see if I can get it done with screws or threaded rod. Hope to get on it soon.

Had a good weekend flying. Got the Rarebear completed. Put 5 packs through it this weekend. It was very popular with the guys at the field. My son loved it. He keeps talking about how great a plane it is and has asked to go fly again regularly since. I love to see a renewed interest on his part.

Had someone test out our combat Blue Foam Wonder - it flew great. Now we have to get our skill level up to snuff so one of us can fly it. Picked up another motor to build a second one so we can start fighting with each other.

The SkyBox is almost completed. Had it done yesterday, but pulled the motor and mount off of it as I didn't quite get it centered on the plane. Probably good as I had mounted it on top of the paper on the foam and that probably would have caused problems in the future.

Unfortunately, I put the Bixler into a tall pine tree about 5 seconds after take off. It was one of those, hey I wonder if I am gonna clear that ...CRASH... moments. Broke off the right aileron, so no big deal. My youngest son flew it the next day and crashed right away. I think my repair caused trim to be out of alignment as it did not respond well and she went in. Now we have more extensive repairs to do on the r tail feathers.

Anyway, it was great to go out to the field with three flyable planes and have them all work great. Won't be long and we'll have two more.

Will work on editing up some video from this weekend and if there is anything worth posting, I will put it up...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Broke off the right aileron, so no big deal. My youngest son flew it the next day and crashed right away. I think my repair caused trim to be out of alignment as it did not respond well and she went in. Now we have more extensive repairs to do on the r tail feathers.

If you break one aileron, fix both.

Here's my fix - yellow 5mm foam, with surgical tape (not sure if it holds on tightly, but it is quite flexible) and a Turnigy sticker!

IMG_1767.jpg