Getting back in the hobby

AFteach4

I used to fly back before FM days. Then the guys I used to fly with moved away, when I seen the foam board planes I really want to build some and earn electric.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I used to fly back before FM days. Then the guys I used to fly with moved away, when I seen the foam board planes I really want to build some and earn electric.

Welcome!!!

We're kind of one big happy family here, and love it when some of the early adopters come in and want to fly the foam board planes. They're a blast, and they're getting to the point where they really resemble the planes we want them to look like; they all have great characteristics, and if they crash and burn, it's cheap to repair. :)

Tech has probably changed quite a bit since you've flown if you were flying with the FM radios; we're now using spread-spectrum 2.4 GHz radios rather than the radios with crystals in them, and Ni-Cad batteries have been replaced with lithium polymer batteries, but honestly? That's all minor when you compare to the fun you can have by putting a bird up in the air and cruising around. :)

If you have any questions, whether it's loaded questions like "What plane should I build?" or "What radio should I buy?", or even simpler questions like, "My motor's spinning in the wrong direction! How do I get it to spin the other way?", there's plenty of us here willing to help - you just need to ask. :) (And yes, we've probably heard the question before, but it's always fun to discuss and share knowledge!)

Reactions: FDS