Getting back into flight

YellowHawk

Hello all! I have been out of flying RC aircraft for several years now. I started with a Hobbico Nexstar Select with an OS .46 several years ago. I quit flying for about ten years or so but I have the fever again now. I ordered new batteries and managed to get the engine started the other day. I don't have a great place to fly other than an old cow pasture about 50 yards from my yard but it will have to do. I'm thinking I'll just mow a strip out there to take off and land. That's where I used to fly. It's not really ideal but it'll work. I'm still using an old Futaba T8UAFS transmitter on the 72 mhz band. It still works so I guess it'll be fine.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hello all! I have been out of flying RC aircraft for several years now. I started with a Hobbico Nexstar Select with an OS .46 several years ago. I quit flying for about ten years or so but I have the fever again now. I ordered new batteries and managed to get the engine started the other day. I don't have a great place to fly other than an old cow pasture about 50 yards from my yard but it will have to do. I'm thinking I'll just mow a strip out there to take off and land. That's where I used to fly. It's not really ideal but it'll work. I'm still using an old Futaba T8UAFS transmitter on the 72 mhz band. It still works so I guess it'll be fine.

Hey! Welcome to the forums!

It's great that you are getting back into the hobby! How big is the cow pasture?

bracesport

Legendary member
@YellowHawk - I could slope of my deck if I was confident enough! These days I am on OTX 2.4, but I too started back recently in the hobby with my 72 MHz JR!