Getting Hobbie King HK-T6A V2 controller to work with an simulator

SidneyKi

Hello,

I would like to practice flying with an simulator before going to flitefest.

I'm running windows 8. I have an usb able that connects to the radio but it shows up on com 6.
I tried to get it to work with RC Desk Pilot but no success because it can not see that com 6 port.

Any suggestion on a flight simulator that will work on windows 8, HK-T6A remote that is under $50 usd?

Also I would like to practice flying Flite test airplanes in the simulator.

Thank You
Sidney

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I don't think there is a way to get the Hobby King Tx to work with any simulator. But you can buy a cheap Tx shaped USB controller. That's what I use for RC Desk Pilot. This is what I use. It's smaller and feels a lot ligher/cheaper than the Hobby King Tx, but it works.

eagle4

you should be able to, you can get a usb addaptor from hobbyking. not sure which one will work with that one, but jump on the hobbyking live support and they will link you to the right one

Meldrac

I had the same problem then I found a simulator box on amazon. It's a neat little box that you plug your receiver into and use your radio (wireless) which is really nice if you have a large screen tv with a media center computer. It came with Phoenix flight sim and works great. The item I found is the JMT 12 in 1, I just checked and it is currently unavailable but was less than $15.

Last edited:

Meldrac

HobbyKing also sells a 9-in-1 simulator adapter that is the same as the JMT that I have. This adapter works great with the HK-T6a transmitter and receiver on the wireless set up. The HK number is 260000009-0 and it runs $15.15 plus shipping.

I'm running Windows 7, so no promises, but I downloaded Vjoy, a virtual joystick program, and Digital Radio, an alternate program for programming the t6a. You would have to pay to get the full suite of tools for Digital Radio, but the free demo includes a little joystick button that enables "feeding" the virtual joystick program.

With those installed, and the feeding function running, it should show up in your array of game controllers on the RCDP screen.

Last edited:

moebeast

There are two different cables for the HK-T6A. One is for programming and the other for simulator.
The guy who wrote Digital Radio also made an Android app for programming the transmitter via Bluetooth. It stores your models on the phone. I found the info on rcgroups. It is not as simple as my DX6i, but adds a lot of value to the really cheap radio. I saw a blue version with a receiver and satellite receiver for $20 on HK today.

COSkies

Thanks for sharing your knowlege

Thanks for sharing the link to the Volantex RC 6-CH Simulator"! I was having a hard time simply finding some input on the correct hardware to use with RC Desk Pilot

themistocles3

digital radio had a joystick button?

I'm running Windows 7, so no promises, but I downloaded Vjoy, a virtual joystick program, and Digital Radio, an alternate program for programming the t6a. You would have to pay to get the full suite of tools for Digital Radio, but the free demo includes a little joystick button that enables "feeding" the virtual joystick program.

With those installed, and the feeding function running, it should show up in your array of game controllers on the RCDP screen.

I tried that last night. No love. Where is this button you speak off? I tried several different options like t6sim and vjoy and am also on win7.