• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Getting my Recreational Pilot's Licence

Jackson T

I hope to get my license at 16-17. I already fly with for free but sitting in a small cockpit with an older guy is not good for him:sick::sick: so no flying for now:cry::cry:
So you get to go flying for free? That's awesome! It's a shame you can't at the moment, darn covid! Are you going to do a thread when you start your training?

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Congratulations @Jackson T !!

You've accomplished what I always dreamed of doing as a kid, and a special commendation for holding down a job and funding it yourself.

Who knows, one day I might still get there. Closest I got was booking a first lesson that never happened when I was 14, started my business shortly after and haven't had a spare moment for aviation since sadly! Now do professional CAD and 3D printing work in the airsoft/gelsoft/fireams industry, but might have to dust of my RC gear one of these days and go for a flight.

Good on you mate.

Jackson T

Congratulations @Jackson T !!

You've accomplished what I always dreamed of doing as a kid, and a special commendation for holding down a job and funding it yourself.

Who knows, one day I might still get there. Closest I got was booking a first lesson that never happened when I was 14, started my business shortly after and haven't had a spare moment for aviation since sadly! Now do professional CAD and 3D printing work in the airsoft/gelsoft/fireams industry, but might have to dust of my RC gear one of these days and go for a flight.

Good on you mate.
Thanks @Userofmuchtape&glue, that means a lot. It did involve a lot of work making the money, but it should go well on a resume and it was a great experience. It would be awesome to see you in the sky one day! CAD and design in general could probably count as a hobby in itself, I know I enjoyed the small amount I've done. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you enjoy it. What's your business called again?

Jackson T

Getting a job in the aviation industry and earning some of that money back would be a big plus.
I know lots of people who do CAD and printing as a hobby, fewer go pro with it but it is good fun and I enjoy what I do.
Business is Nadda3DPrints, website and FB page :)https://www.facebook.com/nadda3dprints/
Getting a job in aviation would definitely help me justify the money I spent :D. Your business looks like it's going really well, congratulations! Are you still getting lots of business during covid?

Jackson T

If anything, higher demand since covid hit. Went from 20hr weeks to 35hrs in the last few months.
Dude, that's almost a full time job! That's awesome. Are you getting decent profits from it? I guess being homeschooled would make it much easier to do all that work. I started going to school this year so I can apply for the Air Force, so I've got very little spare time for planes now :(.

Piotrsko

The rewards for things that are hard to accomplish are much higher / stronger than easy things. That's why they are hard, and if you really want to do something, you will find a way. You DID build the flying 4 meter with no real previous experience. You are a pilot, a place where 99.5% of the rest of the world isn't

Jackson T

The rewards for things that are hard to accomplish are much higher / stronger than easy things. That's why they are hard, and if you really want to do something, you will find a way. You DID build the flying 4 meter with no real previous experience. You are a pilot, a place where 99.5% of the rest of the world isn't
Well, I did have plenty of help with my 4 metre glider (thanks guys!). I agree, putting in the work yourself to achieve something makes it more rewarding. I managed to get casual work at the airport to make the money for my licence, so that was a valuable experience in itself.