Getting Stupid with the Tiny Trainer - The Challenge.

bracesport

Legendary member
@buzzbomb - an Easter treat - Not exactly getting ‘stupid’ with the TT but I think this was my best flight to date and I really really wanted to be part of this thread!

D148C846-CAA1-4777-B2D6-E6CC3613AF90.jpeg

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@buzzbomb - an Easter treat - Not exactly going ‘stupid’ with the TT but I think this was my best flight to date and I really really wanted to be part of this thread!

View attachment 129655
Yess!! That landing! Are you kidding me? You actually pulled that off! Wow, just wow. You earned your placement in this thread! No doubt about it. That was wonderful! Not only that, you may have just kicked it up a notch. Oh Shoot. I just try to fly stupid. You just made an absolutely EPIC landing!

OK boys and girls. Stupid flying with an epic landing? @bracesport just stepped it up. Not so much stupid flying, but my gosh, that was an epic landing! Let's see what you've got! :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@buzzbomb - you crack me up - oh, and thanks for letting me in!
There's no letting anybody in. You let yourself in when you stepped up and put up the video. That's all it takes. You'd be amazed at how many boring flights I have that I think are totally cool. Hint: All of them. :p Nah, there's no "letting" anyone in to any of the Challenges currently on the forum. All one has to do is try it and put up some pictures or video. You owned that flight and the landing. I know you don't think of yourself as much of a Pilot, but you OWNED it. Well done. (y)(y)

L Edge

Master member
And our first entrant! I sort of challenged CapnBry by suggesting he just join us in the madness. Then he did it!

"I'm not sure I was clear on what the challenge is so I just went out and started flying around with my tongue out! Flew into the sun way too many times until finally I couldn't tell if I was coming or going and didn't need the wind to throw my TT into the ground!"

We can't open the voting yet. CapnBry is the baseline. I'm thinking two more flights from others, so we can compare.

My next day off is Tuesday, and weather permitting I'll be recording me getting stupid with a four-channel Tiny Trainer. Maybe my son will, too. :)

@CapnBry, you definitely jumped the gun and set the the bar. I threw it at you and you caught it and threw it right back into my face. Well Done! :D

Pilot's point to remember, When flying thru the sun, CLOSE ONE EYE AND WHEN YOU ARE THRU, THEN OPEN IT!!! that way you can track it while the other eye gets corrected.

basslord1124

Master member
Well may consider my first video to be the stupid one lol. Just got back from flying it and crashing it a little bit ago. Should have a video up here in the coming week...just need to review and edit it. From that brief experience...she's a rocket on 3 cells. Should've tried to tame her on 2 cells first (which luckily I do happen to have 2S 800Mah).

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
My contribution will be proverse yawed TT.

I will strap the TT fuse to the Pradlt D wing. Or Twist the wing enough.

It may take a hot minute though. Still working on the wong.

basslord1124

Master member
Ouch what’s the damage?

Luckily stuff that's easily fixable:

-crumpled nose (not a big concern)
-loose power pod (gonna put in some reinforcements)
-broken prop (got plenty more)
-1"-2" cut in trailing edge of wing where wing shifted on impact of crash, the rubber bands are what cut into the wing (I'm just gonna run a small piece of tape over the cut).

It's the same motor I had in my FT Mini Scout and with the Mini Scout it got plenty of abuse there. Doesn't seem to bother it though, just keeps on running. And it was a cheapo 1806 off of banggood. *knocks on wood*

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
All right here it is:

Down below the fence line, on the wrong side of the fence and still managed to pull it out?! Yeah, that qualifies! Nicely done, @basslord1124. You're right, the TT is surprisingly fast on her toes. She doesn't normally porpoise, though. In my albeit limited experience, the TT likes to be nose heavy just a bit. Just a thought for your next flight.

I am glad the damage was so minor. Nose-diving onto pavement is a nightmare of mine. Thank you for the video and let's go fly some more!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Down below the fence line, on the wrong side of the fence and still managed to pull it out?! Yeah, that qualifies! Nicely done, @basslord1124. You're right, the TT is surprisingly fast on her toes. She doesn't normally porpoise, though. In my albeit limited experience, the TT likes to be nose heavy just a bit. Just a thought for your next flight.

I am glad the damage was so minor. Nose-diving onto pavement is a nightmare of mine. Thank you for the video and let's go fly some more!
If you are really worried about the pavement you should build the Bixler type nose for the TT so the motor is behind the crash or impact point.

Have fun!

basslord1124

Master member
I though for sure I was gonna plow into the fence or hit the soccer goal.

As for CG, yeah that was strange. Without a battery she was very nose heavy. With my 3S 1000Mah I couldn't just fit the battery underneath the power pod where I would like it, it didn't balance there. The battery was located about 1cm past the aft skewer that holds the power pod in. And that gave me a much more doable nose down tendency. Shoot, it still could've been a little too much nose down for it. Interesting thing too, is I didn't even need velcro for the battery, it was a real tight friction fit there.

Sometimes I like to build around the ideal battery location and add weights if needed. I don't have a whole lot of lipos (about 5-6 of them), so I rarely swap a battery to help with better balancing.