Getting Stupid with the Tiny Trainer - The Challenge.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Yep! Fly it was and it did!

I do not have a video but here is a pic of mine in flight!

View attachment 125720

Have fun!
Like I said, that's awesome! It messes with my head just looking at it. The fuse and the wing? That's a Tiny Trainer! But. The wing is on backwards. Oh, that's because it's going backwards! Err, flying forwards in a backward facing configuration?

I think my son and I are getting some stupid aerobatics out of a plane that wasn't meant to do that stuff, and I wanted to see if we were the only ones. Then I wanted to see everyone else do some stupid aerobatics wit the TT. Let's have some fun!

Then, mayan's SpiTTT came to mind and OK, open it up to every variation of the TT that there is or we can up with. Then take it up and do some stupid aerobatics.

The challenge really hasn't started yet, and you and rockyboy have already blown my mind. Plus, you did it without aerobatics, which is what the Challenge is about!

We can't score for originality of build. Those of us who are simply flying aerobatics with a TT would get an immediate zero and that would affect the aggregate score in a Challenge which is about flying.

You, rockyboy, mayan. Ya'll inspire so much. A bottom mounted wing on a Tiny Trainer? A TT that basically flies backwards? This thread is already paying dividends that are far beyond expectation and have not really begun yet.

I think we've embarked on a greater Journey than even I had imagined. I just wanted to show off flying stupid, and see others do the same. It's already gone to a whole new level.

The question is, though? Can you get stupid with it....:cool:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The question is, though? Can you get stupid with it....:cool:

Unfortunately I already did! it took many crashes but I finally destroyed it. I dived it through a tree at full throttle and all of it hit the ground though not at the same time. I even ripped the wires out of the servos!

Why, you might ask! I was trying to get it to perform tight loops so I upped the engine and was doing high speed dives trying to get enough speed to do a loop. Wasn't watching the trees when one suddenly ran out in front f it and grabbed it!

Sorry no pics but I got quite a few laughs!

Have fun!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
OK! It was just that Rockyboy and I both developed our TT canards on the same thread, somewhat together!

have fun!

You give me too much credit @Hai-Lee :D

You made one fly and it inspired me to follow your trail!

It's a great project to do when you've smashed your Tiny Trainer up a bunch but still have good wings. Threads over here... http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?29171-Tiny-Trainer-based-Canard-anyone

It's pretty much a Tiny Trainer wing, Tiny Trainer elevator split in half for the canard, Tiny Trainer glider nose on the front, Tiny Trainer powered nose on the back, Tiny Trainer rudders on the back, and a new box fuselage to hold it all together. Pretty simple to build - really fun to fly!

IcedStorm777

Here are some ideas. EDF tiny trainer, high start tiny trainer with winch thing, or maybe a two engine tiny trainer with one pulling one pushing, biplane tiny trainer, dual fuselage tiny trainer, those are some that i would loveeeee to see!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Here are some ideas. EDF tiny trainer, high start tiny trainer with winch thing, or maybe a two engine tiny trainer with one pulling one pushing, biplane tiny trainer, dual fuselage tiny trainer, those are some that i would loveeeee to see!

Those sound awesome!! And since they are based on a really stable design, I bet they would all perform pretty darn well too!

So which one(s) are you going for? ;)

IcedStorm777

I don't have the money to buy a TT with a reciever, i have an esc and a motor i think. I really wish i could join though because i have always wanted to do a cahllenge but have never been able to

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Tiny trainer multiwing...
3VBzl.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I don't have the money to buy a TT with a reciever, i have an esc and a motor i think. I really wish i could join though because i have always wanted to do a cahllenge but have never been able to

No need to buy the kit - if you have foam board (dollar tree preferred) available and the motor/esc give it a go! And you can always borrow a receiver from another plane for a little bit :D

JTarmstr

Elite member
Jealous? Don't be. I'll be flying this summer when it is literally 100 degrees in the shade. Sunburn and heat and humidity-fried electronics are definitely an option! :p (That's me panting, because I can't sweat fast enough!) :)

Missouri, southern Illinois and Kansas are all bad too, Its freezing in the winter and sweltering in the summer, Spring and fall are rumors arround here and when its not hot or cold, there are thunderstorms trying to blow everything away.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Oh my gosh, there is some good stuff happening! A couple sheets of foamboard and BOOM! Magic happens. I love the way you all are taking this and running with it. It gets the juices flowing, doesn't it? :)

I went out to my flying field today to demonstrate the idea of this Challenge to get stupid with the Tiny Trainer. I fought with my new GoPro, fought with the TT, then did both again. It was darn cold and with shaking fingers I finally walked out towards my launch area and slipped in the mud. Then I took a good look around. This is what I saw.

IMG_0229.JPG

It was like that everywhere around me. Nope. No flying for me today. My next chance is Friday. Cross your fingers that the field drys out.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Oh my gosh, there is some good stuff happening! A couple sheets of foamboard and BOOM! Magic happens. I love the way you all are taking this and running with it. It gets the juices flowing, doesn't it? :)

I went out to my flying field today to demonstrate the idea of this Challenge to get stupid with the Tiny Trainer. I fought with my new GoPro, fought with the TT, then did both again. It was darn cold and with shaking fingers I finally walked out towards my launch area and slipped in the mud. Then I took a good look around. This is what I saw.

View attachment 125804
It was like that everywhere around me. Nope. No flying for me today. My next chance is Friday. Cross your fingers that the field drys out.

Looks like you need to build a Tiny Trainer Seaplane :p

mayan

Legendary member
@buzzbomb sorry I missed this thread until now. I was not reading through the forum as much lately because I am working on 2 projects actually 3. One you all know of the Mini Edge. The other two are kept a secret as of now don’t want to ruin the surprise I have lined up.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I'm disappointed. I went out to fly today, to show everyone what I mean by getting stupid with the TT. Only the plane wouldn't fly. The last crash did her in. She was no longer able to fly.

I broke props, dug mud out of the motor with a skewer, I put the Speed Wing on and tried to fly in the rain. It wouldn't fly. It was all set up and ready to go four channel and kick some butt! Only. She couldn't fly. :( Too many crashes, I think. I had the camera on my head, my son was recording video on my phone. At least we've got video of my failed attempts to fly.

We tried. We really tried hard to get stupid with the TT and show everyone what I mean by that. Tora Tanshi is done. She wouldn't fly and she will fly no more. She is now on the wall.

I've got to build another plane just to show everyone what I'm trying to do with this challenge. Good thing is, I've got my son's SpeedBuild kit just sitting in the box waiting for glue! :p

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I'm disappointed. I went out to fly today, to show everyone what I mean by getting stupid with the TT. Only the plane wouldn't fly. The last crash did her in. She was no longer able to fly.

I broke props, dug mud out of the motor with a skewer, I put the Speed Wing on and tried to fly in the rain. It wouldn't fly. It was all set up and ready to go four channel and kick some butt! Only. She couldn't fly. :( Too many crashes, I think. I had the camera on my head, my son was recording video on my phone. At least we've got video of my failed attempts to fly.

We tried. We really tried hard to get stupid with the TT and show everyone what I mean by that. Tora Tanshi is done. She wouldn't fly and she will fly no more. She is now on the wall.

I've got to build another plane just to show everyone what I'm trying to do with this challenge. Good thing is, I've got my son's SpeedBuild kit just sitting in the box waiting for glue! :p
Just a thought!

Do not rip it apart just yet! What is the all up weight currently! I ask because as the weight climbs the wing just will not generate enough lift unless you either launch extremely fast or increase the wing incidence angle. Simple method to increase wing incidence is to add icy-pole stick under the front edge of the wing before fitting to the fuselage.

It might work in your case! You have nothing to lose really!

have fun!