Getting Stupid with the Tiny Trainer - The Challenge.

mayan

Legendary member
I'll weigh mine when I get home and post about it here :).
Mine is a heavy bird by now and weighs 350g. It can handle ok with a A / F pack motor, 3S 800/1000 mah batteries and 6x4 or 6x4.5 props. With the F pack motor, an 3S 1000mah battery and a 6x4.5 prop it can fly vertical.

TacoShako

So here is my first but not last submit :).

@mayan So weak! I love you man, but you're going to have step up your game! :)

@FDS hovering upside down in the wind? Pretty darn cool! I'm afraid my son's got you topped and nope, you do it too well. That's not stupid. :LOL:

Ya'll moved the Inverted Challenge over to the Getting Stupid Challenge, so this is about to get lengthy. No probs. Please try to follow along. :eek::ROFLMAO:
First, my entry into the Triple Date. Where we challenged each other to fly inverted.

This is my son's. I told him to "Shut up and go home." Ya'll just watch and weep.:)

@CarolineTyler here is my first entry for the Getting Stupid Challenge. You are the only judge for the contest between @FDS and myself. I would say reserve judgement until he posts for the Getting Stupid Challenge.

Everyone one else who wants to participate, think of that as a baseline. If you are voting and judging (you don't have to be flying, just voting and judging) then I would call it a three all around. Maybe a four on the last point.

The score is a 1-10 base, decimals allowed.
Points are scored for:
1. That's Crazy!
2. That's Cool!
3. THAT Takes Some Skill!
and finally:
4. You Actually Pulled Out of That? Successfully?

So:
1. 3
2. 3
3. 3
4. 4
That's gives me an average score of 3.25. That's your baseline.

Now here is my son's official entry. I can't really score it, he's my son. Compare his entry against the baseline, and we've got our first Open entry into this Challenge. Just keep in mind, we're only going to get better. Me. Him. All of us. Reserve the high scores for when getting Stupid is REALLY stupid!

[/QUOTE]

We could have done more stupid things if the sun hadn't finally shown up!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Alright, sorry in the delay in getting video. Been on the road a lot lately and spent some time last night reconnecting with the family.

So, here it is.
The first attempt... kinda short and didn't end well... However it was my first attempt going inverted, so here it is;
Besides, here we celebrate failures as well as successes, right?! :ROFLMAO:

Here's the second, some short inverted bits here. It was crazy windy though so I think on a calmer day I'll have better luck.
But I just wanted to give a shout out to @mayan, @buzzbomb and @FDS for the challenge, it's good to have friends to push you past your comfort zone!

Still needed some more elevator, thinking about it, I might have limited the throw for the TT on the radio side... Have to look into that. :unsure:

TacoShako

Alright, sorry in the delay in getting video. Been on the road a lot lately and spent some time last night reconnecting with the family.

So, here it is.
The first attempt... kinda short and didn't end well... However it was my first attempt going inverted, so here it is;
Besides, here we celebrate failures as well as successes, right?! :ROFLMAO:

Here's the second, some short inverted bits here. It was crazy windy though so I think on a calmer day I'll have better luck.
But I just wanted to give a shout out to @mayan, @buzzbomb and @FDS for the challenge, it's good to have friends to push you past your comfort zone!

Still needed some more elevator, thinking about it, I might have limited the throw for the TT on the radio side... Have to look into that. :unsure:
Oh dude that looked awesome!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, this challenge can include crazy builds as well, right?... (I sure hope so, 'cause I have one more to share!)

May I introduce my FIRST entry (the inverted stuff was just a distraction!)
The Tiny Bipe!

I would have a picture... but after the maiden I let my daughter try to fly it... AAnndd... it died... (or rather she killed it...) :cry:

It flew a whole lot better than I thought!
And will be rebuilt!

But wait there's more!
Attached you'll find a PDF to make the struts. All you need is a second TT wing!

Attachments

• Tiny Trainer-BiPlane.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FastCrash45

Elite member
Okay, this challenge can include crazy builds as well, right?... (I sure hope so, 'cause I have one more to share!)

May I introduce my FIRST entry (the inverted stuff was just a distraction!)
The Tiny Bipe!

I would have a picture... but after the maiden I let my daughter try to fly it... AAnndd... it died... (or rather she killed it...) :cry:

It flew a whole lot better than I thought!
And will be rebuilt!

But wait there's more!
Attached you'll find a PDF to make the struts. All you need is a second TT wing!
I like this but the video got removed

kilroy07

Legendary member
I like this but the video got removed
Yup, give me one second... My video editing software (Corel VideoStudio) can been a bit frustrating sometimes...
I had added the clip of my daughter flying but it didn't show up in the youtube video...
Reprocessing now and will have the updated link very shortly!

Apologizes!

FastCrash45

Elite member
Yup, give me one second... My video editing software (Corel VideoStudio) can been a bit frustrating sometimes...
I had added the clip of my daughter flying but it didn't show up in the youtube video...
Reprocessing now and will have the updated link very shortly!

Apologizes!
No worries I just wanted to be sure you knew it was down. Sometimes things get pulled down without the owner knowing it.

mayan

Legendary member
@kilroy07 amazing. All videos are just really amazing. Loved your inverted flights and landings. Loved to see you have your daugther tag along and also try to fly the bi-TT. Really I am short on words. Watched the videos twice all of them :).

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
So here is my first but not last submit :).

@mayan So weak! I love you man, but you're going to have step up your game! :)

@FDS hovering upside down in the wind? Pretty darn cool! I'm afraid my son's got you topped and nope, you do it too well. That's not stupid. :LOL:

Ya'll moved the Inverted Challenge over to the Getting Stupid Challenge, so this is about to get lengthy. No probs. Please try to follow along. :eek::ROFLMAO:
First, my entry into the Triple Date. Where we challenged each other to fly inverted.

This is my son's. I told him to "Shut up and go home." Ya'll just watch and weep.:)

@CarolineTyler here is my first entry for the Getting Stupid Challenge. You are the only judge for the contest between @FDS and myself. I would say reserve judgement until he posts for the Getting Stupid Challenge.

Everyone one else who wants to participate, think of that as a baseline. If you are voting and judging (you don't have to be flying, just voting and judging) then I would call it a three all around. Maybe a four on the last point.

The score is a 1-10 base, decimals allowed.
Points are scored for:
1. That's Crazy!
2. That's Cool!
3. THAT Takes Some Skill!
and finally:
4. You Actually Pulled Out of That? Successfully?

So:
1. 3
2. 3
3. 3
4. 4
That's gives me an average score of 3.25. That's your baseline.

Now here is my son's official entry. I can't really score it, he's my son. Compare his entry against the baseline, and we've got our first Open entry into this Challenge. Just keep in mind, we're only going to get better. Me. Him. All of us. Reserve the high scores for when getting Stupid is REALLY stupid!

[/QUOTE]
Ok, I have my initial scores on that 15 second clip....... :)