Getting Stupid with the Tiny Trainer - The Challenge.

duckduckgoose

And here he is, the Un-Tiny Trainer. Weighs almost 1kg with a 3000mah 4s lipo inside. Can't wait for Maiden. Just need to glue around the wing edge (for strength) and add some credit card around the wing mounting squewers.
IMG_20190805_215807.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
And here he is, the Un-Tiny Trainer. Weighs almost 1kg with a 3000mah 4s lipo inside. Can't wait for Maiden. Just need to glue around the wing edge (for strength) and add some credit card around the wing mounting squewers.
View attachment 138104
How did your CG turn out? I'm having to move the wing forward about 2" on mine.
I've added "Bush" tires and will be setting it up for a 2200 3S battery though (feels like it'll scoot at half throttle, might get 20min flight times!!)

duckduckgoose

How did your CG turn out? I'm having to move the wing forward about 2" on mine.
I've added "Bush" tires and will be setting it up for a 2200 3S battery though (feels like it'll scoot at half throttle, might get 20min flight times!!)
With the 3000mah 4s lipo it balanced just fine, even with the servos way down the back. It's a little overkill but I lost my 2200 3s in a goblin crash.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Just thought I'd post the maiden flight of my 150% TT with an extra long trainer wing. Very smooth and slow. Wingspan is 1940 mm (500mm extension). Wing is reinforced with CF tubes so it's still strong enough for loops.
What a wonderful, relaxing flyer that is! I didn't notice hardly any flex in the wings as you went through those lazy loops, either. Just a nice flying bird. Well done. :)

duckduckgoose

Built a tapered Armin wing for my TT as a glider experiment. Flies quite nicely although I might remove the big curved wing tips which seem to make it want to roll even after trimming it in (they most likely aren't symmetrical). This is all a prototype for my 120% TT build I'm planning. Might add a larger vertical stabiliser as well. I also positioned the servos so flaps can be added
IMG_20191201_113238.jpg
IMG_20191201_113234.jpg

Last edited: