Giant size planes

smittyplugs

I would love to see you guys do a show with a giant sized plane something easy to fly like a large cub or something like that oh and let loose let josh Scott fly and land it if he crashes so what its show biz brother lets enjoy it....oh and on board cameras a must for this...

:cool:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I think a review of something like a Telemaster would be cool. Maybe not the 12 footer, but a big plane like that that could carry all their camera gear and fpv for several people lol

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I would give them money to do GIANT WING COMBAT!!!

Like this: 8.jpg

but 3 times bigger...

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
HK has a Turbine soon to be released (Bruce got the brackets in the mail). I am with EST on this one.:cool:

Thurmond

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Isn't it though, I just found a couple more companies that make them, JetCentral and Wren from the UK.

Here's the JetCentral unit

http://www.jetcentralusa.com/THE_TURBO_PROP.html

And the Wren

http://www.wrenturbines.co.uk/engines/turboprop/wren-44-turboprop

Don't get me wrong, I love electric power for a lot of things but I hate putting electric on everything. It's the easy way to get out of tuning but you end up spending just as much and your flight times stink. Plus you miss out on the cool factor and the scale factor. I own one of most everything (except turbine lol) and electric isn't always the best, just the easiest.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I love it but I would not survive the crash for long.........my wife would kill me ;(

Thurmond

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Don't get me wrong, I love electric power for a lot of things but I hate putting electric on everything. It's the easy way to get out of tuning but you end up spending just as much and your flight times stink. Plus you miss out on the cool factor and the scale factor. I own one of most everything (except turbine lol) and electric isn't always the best, just the easiest.

You MUST be joking. Electric has longer flight times and more power, especially in the bigger set ups. I don't like electric because it's cheaper (it isn't), but because it is clean, safer, quiet and I don't have to tune anything. Not to mention a quiet electric motor swinging a huge prop sounds much more scale than a lawn mower engine buzzing round (not my words, the words of fellow IC pilots)

And cool factor... everyone has a big petrol engine. The large electric motors draw much more of a crowd !

Saying that I would still like to see a turboprop in a cub:applause:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
You MUST be joking. Electric has longer flight times and more power, especially in the bigger set ups. I don't like electric because it's cheaper (it isn't), but because it is clean, safer, quiet and I don't have to tune anything. Not to mention a quiet electric motor swinging a huge prop sounds much more scale than a lawn mower engine buzzing round (not my words, the words of fellow IC pilots)

And cool factor... everyone has a big petrol engine. The large electric motors draw much more of a crowd !

Saying that I would still like to see a turboprop in a cub:applause:

That's the beauty of these forums huh, we can all have our opinions. My experiences on what draws a crowd have been quite different from what you're describing. The thing that always get's everyone excited to watch though are the turbines. I personally don't like the sound of my nitro 2 strokes, but the gasoline engines especially four strokes sound much more like a full size plane than any electric I've even seen. You guys must have huge battery setups to get more flight time than the gas engines I've seen.