Glad to see a group that is not just buying and flying

TerrorDactyl

As I am of Jurassic Vintage (mid 70s) I am glad to find a group that is willing to think out of the box and fly for fun and not always to to impress.
I am getting up in the age group where the 3D flying is getting a little hard to do all the tricks I used to do and am leaning more to build and fly the unusual so glad to have happened on Flite Test.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Welcome. Lots of fun flying going on here. Share pictures and videos as often as possible, they are always appreciated.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums!

We celebrate the unusual around here - so what have you been working on / planning lately? :D

Corbarrad

TerrorDactyl said:
Jurassic Vintage (mid 70s)
As a fellow 1970s kid: Now you're making me feel old.
Also, welcome to the forums where us old men can be as childish as we want to.

Also: TIL that Pterodactyls actually are Jurassic. (while Tyrannosaurs aren't... SPIELBERG!!)

TerrorDactyl

Also: TIL that Pterodactyls actually are Jurassic. (while Tyrannosaurs aren't... SPIELBERG!!)

Don't worry your still among the young as the seventies I was referring to was age not the year of birth. As of yesterday I am 74 and still kicking and flying any weird stuff I can. I am not ready to become a CJ (circle jerk that only flies the pattern) as I still fly 3D.

Corbarrad

TerrorDactyl said:
Don't worry your still among the young as the seventies I was referring to was age not the year of birth. As of yesterday I am 74 and still kicking and flying any weird stuff I can. I am not ready to become a CJ (circle jerk that only flies the pattern) as I still fly 3D.
I see. I was born in '74.
Working as a Software test enigineer and sysadmin my colleagues tend to be much younger than I am and that does make me feel old at times. So you can see where my misinterpretation came from.
Just turned 44 last weekend, wee!

TerrorDactyl

Welcome to the forums!

We celebrate the unusual around here - so what have you been working on / planning lately? :D

I saw the vid for the enlarged planes and thought about a rather ambitious project of the BV-141B in a Stand off about 3mile scale sorta. It will not be a round fuse and the pod will not have windows but that's all okay and after a flying wing or two just to get used to the materials

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I love the wackiness of a lot of the Blohm and Voss designs! An FT style build of one of those asymmetrical mind twisters would be great :D

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

Don't harp on the Jew, he didn't title the movie! That was all Michael Crichton. LOL

Jurassic and pterodactyls just make me think of Wargames and the flying RC Pterodactyl again...

TerroDactyl... This going on 60 returning Winger understands age and fun. "Up in the air, Junior Birdman. Up in the air, upside down. Up in the air, Junior Birdman. Don't let your wheels ever touch the ground!"

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohh. Yall keep going!

You mske me feel young at my 54 years suckin air.

I too thoight of War Games as I do everytime I see the word teradactyl.

Be glad you have been able to enjoy flying so long. I am really just learning fixed wing after multiple attempts at various loints in my life.

In fact I had my first intenional controlled flight just yesterday that was more then launch, react, retrieve and repair hehe.

Hey PsyBorg, just a side note. 38 years ago my first balsa over foam core was shot out of the air at night when I used glow sticks. My next build will be plane #2! Took me that long to muster up the courage to build/fly again... (sigh) And this time... real LED Navigation/Anti-Collision lights! No excuses!