Glider and Tow Plane

Jackson T

Elite member
Congrats! why did the successful tow video have to be so short? I was looking forward to a nice long triumphant video :p. I loved the bloopers, that cub must have plenty of power!

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
ECDF19C1-9FD1-4563-9684-636CCFB04B3B.jpeg

Winglet

Congratulations. Two very cool airplanes! We (my brother and I) did aero tows all afternoon today. We used a scratch built Foam Cub that I found in the articles section of Flite Test and a Simple Soarer for the glider. The combination works really good. Very similar to what you are doing. Many of our club members witnessed the towing operation today and are planning to build FT Simple Soarers now. I will admit that was pretty impressive and a ton of fun! Best of luck with your setup.

Usafa93

First successful glider tow.

Looks like a lot of my takeoffs flying these things at the USAF Academy! Awesome project! Brings back tons of memories. "45 Tango request slack-line, box the wash." --just not on takeoff. I hope you'll post plans. This would be a lot of fun! Congrats!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Congratulations. Two very cool airplanes! We (my brother and I) did aero tows all afternoon today. We used a scratch built Foam Cub that I found in the articles section of Flite Test and a Simple Soarer for the glider. The combination works really good. Very similar to what you are doing. Many of our club members witnessed the towing operation today and are planning to build FT Simple Soarers now. I will admit that was pretty impressive and a ton of fun! Best of luck with your setup.
I should do that - it sounds like a blast! Do you have a picture of your release mechanism?

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Looks like a lot of my takeoffs flying these things at the USAF Academy! Awesome project! Brings back tons of memories. "45 Tango request slack-line, box the wash." --just not on takeoff. I hope you'll post plans. This would be a lot of fun! Congrats!

I will try to get the plans put to PDF and posted.. may take me a few days.

Thanks.