Help! Glow flying with Taranis X9D+

epiper93

So, as some of you know. I have recently joined the FrSky family. I have complained about the radio multiple times in the past. But after losing some very nice models with Spektrum. It was basically my only choice. I went to Futaba but had issues with getting servos, receivers, etc. unfortunately I feel as if the company keeps running the way it is; it will be doomed. Much like Thunder Tiger and many other “Good Ol’” RC companies it will become something in foreign markets only. Their customer service and warehouse staff are terrible. So I went with FrSky and honestly I love it. I fly quite a bit of glow and am having a little bit of a hard time getting the carburetor to the correct trim settings. I have set up 4 models which are glow. And I feel as if I just basically fell backward into programming it correctly. Does anyone have any experience with trimming throttle on a glow engine with a Taranis? If so please help. Thanks ahead of time!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can go into the 2nd page of the model memory and set trim step to a finer resolution.

You could also probably use the subtrim function on page 6. Or even try to manipulate it using ppm center and or change subtrim mode on same page. (Not sure how that works but its something that effects the channel.

You can look them up on the open tx site or maybe even a wiki.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
There is a "throttle trim idle only feature" that you can use to set the idle with the trim. You just set a check box on the Model Setup page and you get a "magic feature".

As of 2.2.2 it does not work with cross trims (ie using the Thr trim for Elv and Elv trim for Thr) but there is a work around. I wrote an article about the feature and a cross trim workaround on RC Groups...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2834995-OpenTX-Throttle-Trim-Idle-Only

I should say I have never actually used glow or IC stuff for remote control so I can't say how well this works. People seem to like it though and are miffed that cross trimming doesn't work with it. There is an issue to fix that but it is apparently difficult to fix due to the "magic" nature of the implementation (it's an old feature that has been carried forward)