Glue gun

Paulieb1979

So I want to get a new glue gun. Is the adtech pro 200 the way to go? It is twice as much as other glue guns I was looking at. Also does the 200 watts keep glue melted longer as I am noticing issue with the arrow glue gun I have now drying fast.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I use the cheap 40 watt adtech glue gun from Walmart, the single temp one. It will boil the glue, so I put on a light dimmer to dial it back a bit. The trick is just give the gun a few minutes to reach working temp.

Last edited:

Figure9

Elite member
So I want to get a new glue gun. Is the adtech pro 200 the way to go? It is twice as much as other glue guns I was looking at. Also does the 200 watts keep glue melted longer as I am noticing issue with the arrow glue gun I have now drying fast.

I’ve had the same problem using a Adtech Pro 200. It’s all about skill & experience. For long or multiple glue runs you can try white Gorilla Glue. It’s been recommended for me & I’m going to try it on the next build I do with very long or multiple glue joints. You can also try setting up a practice piece similar to the build you need to join. DTFB is cheap enough to give away a few pieces for the sake of skill building. Good luck.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have the Ad-tech pro 200 and love it. However, the $6 "hi-temp" adtech glue guns from Walmart work well too. I haven't had issues with it being too hot like @Merv .

I have the Pro200. The one I have dribbles glue when not in use. I think it's emptying the heating barrel of glue while it sits hot. Maybe it's just the one I have.

I also use white Gorilla Glue extensively, I like the control I have much more than hot glue. Don't use too much. Trim with a blade after. I wound up using mostly GG and sometimes tacking things together with spots of hot glue for the GG to set. It was dumb to keep using that glue gun because I was throwing away 8x or 10x of the glue I was using.

Now I have the Pro80, and it delivers glue plenty hot for my use - sometimes it seems to be just about boiling as it leaves the gun. Works great for me.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have the Pro200. The one I have dribbles glue when not in use. I think it's emptying the heating barrel of glue while it sits hot. Maybe it's just the one I have.

I also use white Gorilla Glue extensively, I like the control I have much more than hot glue. Don't use too much. Trim with a blade after. I wound up using mostly GG and sometimes tacking things together with spots of hot glue for the GG to set. It was dumb to keep using that glue gun because I was throwing away 8x or 10x of the glue I was using.

Now I have the Pro80, and it delivers glue plenty hot for my use - sometimes it seems to be just about boiling as it leaves the gun. Works great for me.
Mine dribbles a little bit when I first turn it on. I think I've found the problem though - when I try to use it before it's heated up all the way or I use it after unplugging it and the glue is already cooled a little bit. Then when I heat it up, there's a little pressure that causes it to dribble out the glue until the pressure is gone. I get around that by pulling the glue stick back a little if it starts to drip. Once I'm using it doesn't dribble at all though.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have an Adtech Pro 200 and the new FT 300 W glue guns. Too many builds to count with the Pro 200, and only two builds in with the FT 300W. Both of them are very good. One of the things I like more with the FT gun is the variable temperature setting. It also does not drip. One thing with mine that is taking a little getting used to, is that it seams to retract the glue stick a little when you release the handle (might be part of the reason for no dripping). You end up having to prime the nozzle a little before the glue starts flowing again. Still getting used to that.

leaded50

Legendary member
i use a "cheap-shit" 25w mini glue gun for 7-8mm sticks. Function very well, as long shouldnt make very long strips, then it get not hot enough at end. Only time can be a problem in use, is by gluing a leading edge, a couple spars, and trailing edge at once on a long wing. In all other use for making planes eg. no problem..