Glue

adam.meaux

Hi names Adam I’m building a 27 percent scale navion. I see all the glue forums just wondering what’s best for bigger scales like that? Also any info on 1/32x7/8 and 3/16x7/8 balsa sticks would be awesome! Been searching for a month or so now

Piotrsko

Master member
Your best friend would be a device called a ripper. Or in some circles, a stripper. Basically a blade held in place with a straight guide for making small accurate pieces from balsa sheet. Take a piece of 1/32 stock and adjust your desired width.

Can't help with the glue, too many options and specifications for me to make your choice. Light and strong are my two requirements, but sometimes I need 1/2" gap filling. (That was a joke)

adam.meaux

Yeah they are calling for sticks i see you say sheeting, which one? Also i can’t find any 1/32 balsa sticks anywhere. 1/33x7/8 is a weird size

adam.meaux

Just trying to make sure i do this right. I’m doing a restoration on a real navion as well and matching it to a tee to the one I’m restoring.

adam.meaux

Fuselage plans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’d recommend CA, followed with a fillet of ordinary white glue. Apply a small amount in all the corners with a glue syringe like this one. Fast, lightweight & strong. The CA holds everything together until the white glue dries.

FD3FD0C0-E392-4982-AC33-19EFC7CBF485.jpeg