• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Glydr's Tricopter

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Here is what I've been working on lately...

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

Practically David Windestal apart from the Multi Wii controller.

glydr

PS - The 2.4 antenna is not FPV; it's battery voltage telemetry. This one is LOS for now (can't quite justify a pair of fatsharks).

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That looks like the optimized template :p

Do you experience any flex in the pine sticks? I am going to change to aluminum because I can't get a good stiff wood stick.

glydr

Sure is the optimised template :thumbsup:

No flex as I haven't flown it as yet. Still to balance motors and tune the settings.

However the pine booms readily available here in Australia are more like 12-13mm than 10mm (I had to notch each boom accordingly). They should be fine.

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
So do you have the waterproof housing that came with the gopro?
That's what I put into my layer lens holder.
Just took it out and put it into the layer lens holder thingie

glydr

So do you have the waterproof housing that came with the gopro?
Nope. I was never going to buy a gopro but scored this one second hand (sans case) for roughly 20% less than what they were getting on ebay.

The guy I bought it off is another RC pilot, he used the camera above to take this video below;

[video=vimeo;29257444]http://vimeo.com/29257444[/video]

Just repeating -not my vid! Though I aspire to cool vids like that!

What flavour of shield / multi wii are you using ? Flyduino? built on for my quad and love it. was hard work though. i think i need to get one for my Tri too :)

glydr

Nope. Arduino pro mini on a simple breadboard with the NK and M+ in a seperate package placed over the CoG.

Not pretty but it works (a good friend was kind enough to wire it for me, a _lot_ of work!).

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Very nice Glydr ..
May I ask what size vertical heli fin you used for the landing gear ?
I was thinking about this solution already and you made it clear ;-)
Thanks !
Mark.

glydr

They are 450 size, pro shape from memory. I may end up with another two in green or something like that on the front booms to make sideways orientation easier. Very happy with them.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
LOL, I made some for myself! Check the PDF.

I'm going to use two of them on each boom, fixed with 3 zipties to the boom, one on each side; The bottom holes are to join the peices together in sort of a "V".

Attachments

glydr

Thanks, I found them:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=18431
Backorder .. guess more had the same idea ;-)
Mark.
Must be loads reading FT.

Or buying them for their TREX / HK clones.

Now that I've been flying this tri I note the only issue with the fins in that they offer little left/right resistance. So if the tri leans on the ground the tail motor offsets, which causes the tri to swing again on the ground. Translates into a left/right oscillation which smooths out when it is about to lift off - but a little annoying. Might supplement the fin with something to make it more rigid.

But excellent for visibility and orientation in flight!