Goggle advice

Cpl Goertz

Hi everyone.
I ordered a betafpv starter kit 2 which comes with box goggles. I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading to some Fatshark attitude V5's right off the bat or upgrading later. Any help would be fabulous.

Thanks
Cpl. Goertz

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The first thing to talk about is your eyes. I have 20/20 vision but I can’t wear goggles, my old eyes just will not focus on anything that close to my face. Before you spend a lot of money on fat sharks, try some on to see if cyan use them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
As @Merv said try the goggles on if you can. I have crappy old eyes and cant read a cereal box label but have zero problems with my skyzones. that all said there are diopters cut to +-10, 20 , and 30 to help those who need it. There is also a company in Germany that will cut a set to match your prescription at a higher cost.

There are ways around sight issues so unless you are at an extremes with vision issues there are options.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Id say just use what you have for the moment, try them out, see what you like and don't like about them, some people perfer box goggles. Then try to go out and find someone with FS goggles and give them a test before you commit to them, because It is a hefty chunk of cash.

Cpl Goertz

Id say just use what you have for the moment, try them out, see what you like and don't like about them, some people perfer box goggles. Then try to go out and find someone with FS goggles and give them a test before you commit to them, because It is a hefty chunk of cash.

ok. thanks