Goggle fog fix or fail?

Thorondor

I saw on a Youtube video from 2015 that if you punch some holes into the bottom of the rubber eyecups on a set of old Fatshark goggles (the ones I have), it provides airflow to prevent fogging but doesn't let light in to mess up your vision. Before I go punching holes in those insanely overpriced eyecups, is this a legitimate hack or is there a better, less destructive alternative?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I saw on a Youtube video from 2015 that if you punch some holes into the bottom of the rubber eyecups on a set of old Fatshark goggles (the ones I have), it provides airflow to prevent fogging but doesn't let light in to mess up your vision. Before I go punching holes in those insanely overpriced eyecups, is this a legitimate hack or is there a better, less destructive alternative?

I wouldn't do it; you're going to be letting light in if you do it. Does the set of Fatsharks you have not have a fan on it?

Thorondor

I wouldn't do it; you're going to be letting light in if you do it. Does the set of Fatsharks you have not have a fan on it?
No, it's a Predator V2 I think that I got for $60 at a swap meet. I have no complaints, especially considering the price I paid, but here in Georgia it gets pretty humid and I have to land every 2 minutes to air out the lenses. To my knowledge, there isn't an easy way to add a fan faceplate.