Goggles only displaying static, eachine novice 2

TroubledWaffle

Hi guys, I just purchased my eachine novice 2 and flew it with no problems upon finishing the set up. This morning I started it up, and all I got on the goggles was static. Nothing has changed since the last flight, I still get a connection but only static on the feed. Can you guys offer any tips on how to solve this?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
verify power to the VTX, check the channel that both the googles and VTX are set to, if the these all look good pictures of the VTX, antenna, conenctions to the FC, and camera would be helpful.

what do you mean by "I still get a connection"? as static on the googles would normally mean not getting functional video link.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Either the goggles are not on the right channel or there is a problem with the vtx. Use the search feature on the goggles and see if you get a picture. If you don't then it is an issue with the vtx and we can go from there.

TroubledWaffle

verify power to the VTX, check the channel that both the googles and VTX are set to, if the these all look good pictures of the VTX, antenna, conenctions to the FC, and camera would be helpful.

what do you mean by "I still get a connection"? as static on the googles would normally mean not getting functional video link.

I have the it set to band 1, channel 1 and freq 5865. According to the table in the instruction.

Attachments

• 20210204_220457.jpg
    20210204_220457.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210204_220507.jpg
    20210204_220507.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210204_220519.jpg
    20210204_220519.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210204_220532.jpg
    20210204_220532.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210204_150411.jpg
    20210204_150411.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

TroubledWaffle

Either the goggles are not on the right channel or there is a problem with the vtx. Use the search feature on the goggles and see if you get a picture. If you don't then it is an issue with the vtx and we can go from there.

Thanks for the reply, checked the frequencies. Is it normal for a vtx to just quit unprovoked?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Did you try the search on the goggles? Or go through all the channels? If you just want a replacement part here is the one that it comes with Eachine novice-ii fpv racing drone spare part 25~200mw 40ch vtx fpv transmitter Sale - Banggood.com
However if you are going to replace it just get this one Eachine triangled 5.8g 40ch 25/100/200/400mw switchable triangle av fpv transmitter vtx with dvr support smart audio tramp for tinywhoop mobula rc drone Sale - Banggood.com sold out-arrival notice
It is almost the same as the origianal except it goes up to 400mw instead of just 200mw (which is plenty, I would still stick to 200 unless you are flying in a very dense environment) and it has onboard dvr which is very nice. It plugs in the same way as the stock one and if you are in the US you can get it sooner than the other one.

TroubledWaffle

Did you try the search on the goggles? Or go through all the channels? If you just want a replacement part here is the one that it comes with Eachine novice-ii fpv racing drone spare part 25~200mw 40ch vtx fpv transmitter Sale - Banggood.com
However if you are going to replace it just get this one Eachine triangled 5.8g 40ch 25/100/200/400mw switchable triangle av fpv transmitter vtx with dvr support smart audio tramp for tinywhoop mobula rc drone Sale - Banggood.com sold out-arrival notice
It is almost the same as the origianal except it goes up to 400mw instead of just 200mw (which is plenty, I would still stick to 200 unless you are flying in a very dense environment) and it has onboard dvr which is very nice. It plugs in the same way as the stock one and if you are in the US you can get it sooner than the other one.

I'll replace it, thanks for your help🙂