Goldberg Eagle 2 Redemption Build

Turbojoe

Elite member
I've actually toyed with the idea of scratch building an all balsa electric powered 150% version of the Eaglet 50 at 75" wing span. I have enough wood. I also have an unbuilt original Eaglet 50 kit and plans. I just need to find out how much two sets of the Eaglet 50 plan enlargement will cost. (gotta have one plan set to cut up for templates). The fuse could be stick built to save a bunch of weight. I also have a mess of beautiful helium infused contest grade balsa sheets that would come in handy. Hmmmm. Maybe yet another 5-10 year project? :unsure:

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I wonder then what the major difference was between the Eagle 63 and Eagle 2 (before laser cutting)?

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I just looked through the Eagle 2 manual (attached) and the only thing I see is the bolt on wing and electric power mod options. There are probably more changes but that's all that jumps out at me.

Joe

Attachments

• Eagle 2 manual.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

Arieldeb

I have an eagle 2 and I don't know what the difference is with the eagle 63 .. although it is true the electric motorization could be used, but at the time I put it together, it was expensive .. I have it with an os .46 glow. It works wonders!
15854412099562292652525600367011.jpg