Golden Age air races at Flitefest Ohio 2019?

AviationHobbies

I've been putting together this 1930s style air racer and I thought it'd be fun to see others try this out as well at Flitefest Ohio 2019. We could do a giant air race like in years past. Some some specs would be between like a 45" and 50" wingspan 10"- 12" prop, 3s-4s. Or something like that
20181114_165246.jpg

(Dx6 for scale)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome!! :D

I do happen to have a Caudron C.460 hanging in the shop that pretty much meets those specs. I'll make sure to bring it - and see if @wilmracer is interested in bringing his too :D

PoorManRC

Master member
Sounds like the Wife and I are going to have head back to the Midwest!!! (y)(y)
Flite Fest sounds like a BLAST anyway, that's just another reason.

Now, don't expect me to compete!! In the RC Flight game... I'll only be a fledgling by that time! But it sure sounds like a great time!

PoorManRC

Master member
Thinking about it, Tucson or Feenix would be great places for a Winter FF......
The Weather is PERFECT (this time of year ONLY), and there's LOTS of unrestricted Airspace!! Just a thought... ;)

ozzie

I've been putting together this 1930s style air racer and I thought it'd be fun to see others try this out as well at Flitefest Ohio 2019. We could do a giant air race like in years past. Some some specs would be between like a 45" and 50" wingspan 10"- 12" prop, 3s-4s. Or something like that View attachment 118568
(Dx6 for scale)
OK, so I did a search first but came up empty......When exactly is FF Ohio. Will be traveling from Oklahoma so want to schedule vacation time and maybe bring the grandkids!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
FT haven't announced FF dates yet. The 2018 events were announced at the end of Jan 2018 so it may be a couple of months before we have the specifics.

DamoRC