Good 30A ESC's?

Mastrmindz

Hola!

Does anyone know what the best 30A ESC's are with 5V BEC? I was looking at Lumenier's, but could not find a lot of feedback. Preferably something available on Amazon.com. Thanks.

Ocean

The Hobbyking Afros worked well for me and are cheap.

KISS might be releasing some 30A versions soon and they promise to be excellent.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Don't really know what's available on Amazon...

But Rotorgeeks do make some good ESC's...IMHO they're a tiny bit overpriced for what they are but they've got a solid rep and run blehli well.

I'm partial to the blue Series - other than the 12a ones. I love my 20A Blue's on my Knuckle quad and have heard the 30A's are very similar.

The F-30's from HK are a popular budget choice that will run SimonK/Blheli well - I've used the F-20's and they're solid...but I like the Blue Series better as they're considerably lighter and the BEC's seemed more stable to me.

Mastrmindz

Thanks for the suggestions. Really appreciate it. I got the multistar ESCs, but they only have a 4v BEC. I could not get my multiwii bluetooth module working because it runs on 5V. Hopefully one of these ESCs will do the job. I will most likely go with the blue series ESCs. Do any of these come with pre-soldered 3.5mm connectors?

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
If you want a reliable, easy to flash and, most importantly very inexpensive, ESC these HK 30As are outstanding for the price.

The trade-off is, you will have to flash them, or at a minimum program the basic variables, and they are a tad heavy. But for $10, they are the ticket for a budget first multirotor that needs something more than 20A.

Not sure about these, but I think they are basically the same, and already flashed.

The question I would ask though, are you sure you actually need 30A? The hobby is finally moving away from ESC overkill for an average weight and average Watt motors, that is not going to be constantly demanding WOT.

Last edited:

Mastrmindz

If you want a reliable, easy to flash and, most importantly very inexpensive, ESC these HK 30As are outstanding for the price.

The trade-off is, you will have to flash them, or at a minimum program the basic variables, and they are a tad heavy. But for $10, they are the ticket for a budget first multirotor that needs something more than 20A.

Not sure about these, but I think they are basically the same, and already flashed.

The question I would ask though, are you sure you actually need 30A? The hobby is finally moving away from ESC overkill for an average weight and average Watt motors, that is not going to be constantly demanding WOT.

To be honest, I am not sure. I have 22A ESCs I got from Altitude hobbies. However, whenever I use them, they tend to over heat. I am also planning on adding more weight to the quad, like parallel lipos and a camera - possibly a gimbal. I figured that if the ESCs are already over heating, then I should probably get some that can handle a greater current.