GOOD DEAL OR NO ?!?!?!?

Javiisawesome

They are selling me a TBS Pro with 920kv T-Motors, Receiver for dx8 and a phantom 2 receiver n contoller, 2 batteries, dji 450 arms, e300 esc, video transmitter and some props?? For $700

I am new to this

Jnr Kuzi

No Good

They are selling me a TBS Pro with 920kv T-Motors, Receiver for dx8 and a phantom 2 receiver n contoller, 2 batteries, dji 450 arms, e300 esc, video transmitter and some props?? For $700

I am new to this

thats too expensive for a Beginner, what next when it crashes? You lose 700 bucks. Hell No.

Do this.

Buy

-electrohub Quad Kit - $90 or Less
-4 Dt 750 motors - $14*4 = $56
-4 cw & 4ccw Carbon Props = $12 total
-4 30amp ESC = $50 total
-KK2.0 Board (best firmware) = $31
-Power Distribution Board (If you arent Good at soldering) = $3
-Turnigy 9xr Radio system Tx & Rx = $90
-4 3s 4000mah batterys = $50
-Turnigy lipo Charger = $60

Total = $446 Bucks

You are Now Flying + you have Gained knowledge on How to Repair.

This is Not Magic, its Logic

bstanley72

What you list is a hodge podge of stuff. Does all of this even fly? Some of the items you may never need. I agree with Kuzi, you need to start out simple and with parts that are specific to your goals (Kuzi's list looks good to me) not a bunch of stuff you don't need.

Actually, what is it you want to do? What are your goals? FPV? Aerial photography? Let us know and maybe we can better assist you.

BankNYank!

Mentor
First off, welcome to the forum!

I agree with the other posters here. If your new to multirotors then start a little smaller. Well, a lot smaller actually. I recommend this. It's cheap, can take a beating and you can buy replacement parts at HK for really cheap. They call theirs a Q-Bot. This is a great quad to learn on. You don't wanna dump $700 or any large amount of money for that matter into a quad that you are going to be learning on. Once you get the little cheap quad down to where you can fly it well in any orientation then step up and buy yourself something nice! I built my H-Quad based off the FT-Knuckle H-Quad for less than 200 bucks. Then I spent another 120 on an APM 2.6 after I got used to flying it with a kk2.1.5. So for less than half the price your talking about I have a really good multipurpose quad that will do more stuff than I'll ever use it for.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Javiisawesome

I wanna use it for fpv and aerial filming, the gimbal is what intrigued me the most, i dont wanna spend my money on another quad when i seen this one flying, hes givimg the extra parts because i told him i was gonna up grade ro the dx8 rc later on, he was going to sell me a phantom 2 but without the gimabl i desire and without the battery for 250,

Javiisawesome

i agree with Bstanley72 too, i suggest you buy this cheap Ready to fly Quad copter for about 60buck.. www.Tmart.com

I wanna use it for fpv and aerial filming, the gimbal is what intrigued me the most, i dont wanna spend my money on another quad when i seen this one flying, hes givimg the extra parts because i told him i was gonna up grade ro the dx8 rc later on and hes including the naza V2, he was going to sell me a phantom 2 but without the gimabl i desire and without the battery for 275

bstanley72

When you say you're new are you saying you're new to FPV or new to RC flight?

You can spec out all the stuff he's offering to you and see what it sells for new to determine if it's a good deal $$ wise or not. I suppose what we're trying to say is it might not be a good place to start. Before you start with FPV or filming you need to learn how to fly, build, and repair.

It is common for people starting out to buy the nice big expensive plane/heli/multi because that's the one they ultimately want and are trying to avoid spending the $$ on learning/beginner craft. The end up spending way more because they smash it into a hundred pieces and then go buy the thing they should have in the first place, or they just quit all together.

Javiisawesome

When you say you're new are you saying you're new to FPV or new to RC flight?

You can spec out all the stuff he's offering to you and see what it sells for new to determine if it's a good deal $$ wise or not. I suppose what we're trying to say is it might not be a good place to start. Before you start with FPV or filming you need to learn how to fly, build, and repair.

It is common for people starting out to buy the nice big expensive plane/heli/multi because that's the one they ultimately want and are trying to avoid spending the $$ on learning/beginner craft. The end up spending way more because they smash it into a hundred pieces and then go buy the thing they should have in the first place, or they just quit all together.

What if i buy a cheaper quad to start and then buy what he is selling me , ive seen all the components hes selling me and it comes out to 1400 dollars n hes selling it for 700, just the pro frame is 600 n the naza v2 is 300

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
What if i buy a cheaper quad to start and then buy what he is selling me , ive seen all the components hes selling me and it comes out to 1400 dollars n hes selling it for 700, just the pro frame is 600 n the naza v2 is 300

If you have the money, go for it. I don't fully agree with everyone else. You certainly can start with the high end, but remember, if you crash it, there goes about $700. That kind of pressure can certainly mess with you and make flying it far from enjoyable. But it's certainly feasible to start out that way.

I don't personally know of any RC simulators that have great multirotors in it, but start there. I always try new stuff out (with planes) on the simulator before I try it in real life. Use the sim, or the cheap MR, and grow your skills there. Then only start using the expensive MR with really basic moves. Go slow and allow yourself to learn. Don't go for something you've never tried with the sim or small MR.

Jnr Kuzi

We understand the offer is Tempting, but is it worth it?

I wanna use it for fpv and aerial filming, the gimbal is what intrigued me the most, i dont wanna spend my money on another quad when i seen this one flying, hes givimg the extra parts because i told him i was gonna up grade ro the dx8 rc later on, he was going to sell me a phantom 2 but without the gimabl i desire and without the battery for 250,

Since you are New to the Hobby, i assume you cant build, if you cant build. You cannot Repair.Fpv is Not an Easy Task, on top off that you want to shoot Videos?

You can Buy a Gimbal Later on, learn to fly first, then Learn to Build & Repair.

And a Good Suggestion for filming is a Tricopter, with rudder action. You are able to make sweet transitions.
If you want to use a RTF Quad, Buy an AirDog. you can program exactly how you want it to move.

RoyBro

Mentor
It sounds like you really want to buy this setup. Or is it that this guy is pressuring you to buy.

Have you seen this rig fly?
Is this guy local and willing to help you learn to fly? Or is some online deal?
How well do you know this person?

Do you have $700 that you can throw away and get no value?

If you really want to buy it, nothing we say will dissuade you.
If you really want to get into the hobby, start with something that you can crash and repair multiple times. Learn to fly before investing in an expensive rig. Skill counts far more than expensive equipment in getting decent video.

I'd start with the knuckle hub or Anycopter hub. You'll learn way more putting it together. Foremost, you'll learn how to repair it.

Javiisawesome

It sounds like you really want to buy this setup. Or is it that this guy is pressuring you to buy.

Have you seen this rig fly?
Is this guy local and willing to help you learn to fly? Or is some online deal?
How well do you know this person?

Do you have $700 that you can throw away and get no value?

If you really want to buy it, nothing we say will dissuade you.
If you really want to get into the hobby, start with something that you can crash and repair multiple times. Learn to fly before investing in an expensive rig. Skill counts far more than expensive equipment in getting decent video.

I'd start with the knuckle hub or Anycopter hub. You'll learn way more putting it together. Foremost, you'll learn how to repair it.

yes ive seen it fly
yes he is local and im sure hes willing to help me learn
ive met him once and hes about five minutes from where i lived

What im really asking is what hes offering me worth the money? he told me he would upgrade the stock 920kv to the t-motors 740kv.

its not like im going to be going crazy my first flight, im going to take it slow, and might buy another quad to pratice, i asking if what he's giving worth the money.

RoyBro

Mentor
its not like im going to be going crazy my first flight, im going to take it slow, and might buy another quad to pratice, i asking if what he's giving worth the money.

You don't have to go crazy on your first flight. You'll be crashing several times before you can claim to have a "first flight".

If you're determined to do this, then do it. But then I recommend that you put this stuff away and then learn to fly on a knuckle or anycopter build. Then, when you're ready you can dig out the expensive stuff and get some value out of it and not have to spend more money on repairing broken booms and such.

bstanley72

You must keep in mind that we aren't trying to be negative or confrontational, most of us have made similar mistakes and want to keep you from doing the same.