Good news for Dutch HK customers

Johan

Just received this:

"Hi Johan, we have consolidated our European warehouses into one situated in the Netherlands. From this new central base, we are able to offer a bigger range of products with cheaper :) and faster :) shipping!"

tramsgar

Gathered that, but they haven't really gone that public with it? Think it will cause a lot of confusion. It's good news, of course, as the NL warehouse has got better shipping costs, but "faster"? We'll see, placed an order today for measure.

Johan

Well, mailing it to the existing customers (maybe Dutch/ EU only) is pretty public :) ,
But indeed I've not seen it mentioned on the site publicly.

You'd expect any shipping to be faster than the HK post shipping with the customs clearing (VAT) added as well.
Looks as if they incorporated the VAT into the prices (not very strange), search for a product and compare the international warehouse prices to the 'local' EU prices ....

I will have to do some testing of course :) :)

Last edited:

tramsgar

I haven't received any mail of that kind, and I'm both in a "target" country of that warehouse and have ordered from there on several occations. Still, not surprised as computers doesn't seem to be HK's main talent. Shipping times are ok with GLS, but the last time they sat on the order for a week before getting it out of the warehouse =/. Packaging has also been anyware from outrageous to excellent.

Regarding VAT they've always included that in the prices: They're required to by EU regulations. Of course, it's important to remember that when comparing prices between warehouses... Still the NL warehouse has always been a bit cheaper than the Germany warehouse for some reason, so again, this is good news. Also hope they'll up the stock and sortiment especially on bulky and heavy stuff like pushrods, bags, CF spars, kits etc that are better shipped by container than individually in boxes from China.

Johan

Sorry I assumed they would send those to all customers in Europe.

I share your experience with the handling of orders and traceability.
My main order contained 3 backorder items (my tricopter motors) that kept it from being shipped. After a few days I decided to remove this from the order, assuming they'd then ship right away. Instead its status was 'Received' for another 5 days.

Lets hope the stocks are so that we do not have to resort to splitting orders (EU / main warehouse).

tramsgar

Maybe I didn't have the correct box checked on my account page to get the warehouse notice.

Backorder and warehouse trouble is really annoying. I had an order sitting printed for a week, until I asked support wth they were doing. Turned out one of the in-stock items was bad, and they just ignored the order. So they updated it and let me remove it so it could be shipped. Another week passed... More support contact and finally I got the stuff - one month later... But that was the China warehouse.

Still it looks like they're getting more cheap and bulky stuff in the EU warehouse now, as well as the usual small stuff previously only available in China, and that's a good development. Perhaps they've decided to make money on wares now and not only postage =).

Johan

LOL, I just looked at the buddy codes page and saw that you're "stress testing" the HK EU warehouse :)

tramsgar

LOL, I just looked at the buddy codes page and saw that you're "stress testing" the HK EU warehouse :)

They had a flying shark on sale - how can you not buy that?!

Yea I have a slight shopping problem... OTOH I don't have a problem with selling stuff either =).

Johan

Oh no, don't tempt me now :)
I must get my tricopter flying first ...

In fact it is ready for a maiden flight, model set up in transmitter, expo's dialed in, KK2 multi rotor board configured, ESC's programmed, tests without props look OK.
I'm just afraid to test with the props actually on the motors .... now it is still in one piece :)

tramsgar

Hehe, the before and after thing... Sometimes I look at pictures of "old" models in their pristine state, and compare that to what they look like now. But that bothers me less than the shelf queen I have hanging from the roof. I bet you get a great maiden being so well prepared, just throw it up there! Bring the glue just in case.

Johan

Thanks tramsgar,

You're right "Better to have flown and lost than to have never flown at all" (freely quoted).
But I'll take some good 'before' pictures anyway and then open the throttle :)

Homertje

Crashsite Scavenger
As far as I know from a distribution point of view they've moved to a perfect place!
IIRC I thought I seen "Sliedrecht" as my package's location of origin, which is very close to Rotterdam, one of Europe's biggest harbor/container terminal. Thinking loads of HK's products are "made in china" it's cheap to supply and distribute throughout Europe from there.

Johan

Hi Homertje,

All my HK stuff came from the global warehouse, so it took weeks to arrive, how is that when ordered 'locally' from the Dutch (now EU) warehouse?, probably only a few days? And no extra customs fees :)

Sliedrecht? If they'd add a 'storefront' that would be great, you'd be able to pick things up the same day!