Goop?!

Boom

What is this "Goop" you guys put on the front of your flying wings? Sounds like a very interesting alternative to taping up your plane to protect it from landing damage.

Can you get it outside the US or does HK carry an alternative product?

Thanks!

Josh Bixler

Amazing Goop is at walmart or many craft stores. If you are outside the US, I would recomend looking at your local craft store. I don't know if hobby king carries any alternatives.

Best of luck!

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Here is a link. ( Amazing GOOP ) I used Shoe Goo on my Swift II. They are about the same thing, I think. I would only recommended them for EPP, as the Shoe Goo softened the EPO on my Bixler, so I will assume the Amaizing GOOP will too. It has already been discussed a little here.
There is another product that is similar, but is supposed to be foam safe. It is called UHU Por. I don't know much about the UHU stuff yet, but I plan on picking some up soon.:cool:

Hobby King does not carry any of them as far as I remember. Not sure about sales outside the states.

Last edited:

bubsteve

Like CA it'll eat most foam but EPP,, It's heavy as well:eek:,, gorilla glue works best on epp on butt joint's & spar's,, bubsteve

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Here is a link. ( Amazing GOOP ) I used Shoe Goo on my Swift II. They are about the same thing, I think. I would only recommended them for EPP, as the Shoe Goo softened the EPO on my Bixler, so I will assume the Amaizing GOOP will too. It has already been discussed a little here.
There is another product that is similar, but is supposed to be foam safe. It is called UHU Por. I don't know much about the UHU stuff yet, but I plan on picking some up soon.:cool:

Hobby King does not carry any of them as far as I remember. Not sure about sales outside the states.

Yeah Uhu Por is what we use here in Germany and probably many other parts of europe as well.

I don´t know how goop works but UHU Por is just another glue to be honest.

You put it on a surface. Leave it to dry for 10 minutes and then with some pressure put the two parts you want to glue together.

On my opinion it works quite well, as I use on a daily basis and it never really dissapointed me.

I dont know though if that Uhu Por has the same effect if you put it on the leading edge the way the joshes did it. I might try it.

Boom

Thanks for the many replies!

I know UHU Por and I just found Shoe Goo also sold here. UHU Por is something which sticks well only when almost dry. So you apply it to the surface, let it dry for 10 minutes and then press it together. Is that the same case for this amazing goo? So I guess you would have to apply it and then let it dry for a few days to be sure it doesn't stick to anything like your car seat on the way to the field?

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I dont know though if that Uhu Por has the same effect if you put it on the leading edge the way the joshes did it. I might try it.

If the dried/cured surface is non-sticky, and it wont peel off to easily, it should work perfectly. Although, I have seen somewhere recently that it can be removed if desired, they said "just peel it away, like little boogers". If so, it may not be as ideal as GOOP,or GOO.

If you can do some testing, and post your results, that would be great! I think I will "glass" all my future EPP models as well, it just makes sense to armor coat them at the strike points. (Ya know, just in case I crash one day. :cool:)

JoeyG

Simple solution, have the FliteTest team work their magic on HK, if they stock it or get stock into there Euro warehouses we're all set, I'm prepping my first HK order (UK) I like the idea of using the same gear as the FT boys. What's GOOP like on EPO?

J.

Boom

Yea, I have the feeling UHU por is not the same thing.
Not home for a few weeks now but when I get home I'll see if I can get my hands on that shoe goo and test it against por.

Lets hope HK stocks some good alternative for us :)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I think I have some EPP lying around and still got a nearly full tube of UHU Por.

I´ll test it if I can keep it in mind today.