Gopro hero 3+

I have a gopro hero 3+ but was wondering if i could use it as fpv for my 250 quad??? Im new to quads so alot this is new to me. Unless someone could guide me in the right direction. Thanks

jipp

from what i understand it will have some lag.. some do fly with them tho and i guess it depends how fast you fly?
i bought a runcam ( mobius clone ) i too plan on trying to fly through it to see how bad the lag is sometime this winter.

chris.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
The battery is also an issue. If the GoPro battery dies, you will be blind.
You can rig it up with the flight battery, but that is getting more complicated.
An inexpensive board cam will work just as well for FPV and you don't have such a big investment in the air when you are learning.

Best regards,
PCH

royce.meredith

from what i understand it will have some lag.. some do fly with them tho and i guess it depends how fast you fly?
i bought a runcam ( mobius clone ) i too plan on trying to fly through it to see how bad the lag is sometime this winter.

chris.

I understand that the idea of saving weight is tempting but I would highly recommend using a separate fpv cam. It is very obvious that manufacturers are not able/don't care to reduce the lag in live out video. Also being that you can get FPV cameras that weigh very little, are very cheap and have near zero lag I don't get why anyone would want to still use an HD camera especially in a mini quad. It doesn't matter how fast you fly, at some point there will be a tree branch that is going to jump out in front of you and that moment of lag means that you are already on the ground from the branch or you avoided it because you are using a separate FPV camera. Good luck.

Darkback2

I have a gopro hero which I have use to fly FPV with very little lag if any. Normally I mount it to my DJI phantom v1. Not over wifi mind you that would be horrible, but using a cable connecting the video out to a video transmitter. I have done so without issue. With my 250 I use a separate/dedicated FPV camera, mostly because I don't want to carry the extra weight of the gopro all the time. I got the video output camera cable off of amazon.

One of these... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gopro+hero+fpv

Hope this helps

DB