GoPro is going to make a multi!

HawkMan

More RTF drones for dummies is just what the hobby needs...

But then we don't know how good this will be yet, and there's already big selection of them so....

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
It's gonna make it less politically appealing to ban drones in the US with a major manufacturer in the game, particularly if they build in the US (won't but it would be cool).

x0054

I have a GoPro Hero 3, and they have not updated the the firmware from V3.0 in a year now. There are a bunch of bugs in that firmware, many reported to GoPro, and yet they do not care. I feel that GoPro is bitting a little more than they can chew. I think they make great hardware but their software is iffy. Maybe if they make the hardware drone and base it of an open source software FC it could be very good. But it's very unlikely to happen.

- Bogdan

Winglet

GoPro knows how to market. If they come out with a multi-rotor it will be on the top of every idiot's Christmas list next year. I fear the long term effects to our hobby. I think the FAA sees this coming and what they are doing right now is an early reaction. I'm afraid we haven't seen anything yet?

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
What is needed is a low latency true 720p video transmitter and receiver display system for under ~$500.

If someone did that. . .it would get me excited.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
What is needed is a low latency true 720p video transmitter and receiver display system for under ~$500.

If someone did that. . .it would get me excited.

A real-time feed from your Inspire 1’s camera is displayed in 720p HD on your mobile device giving you a perfect view of what the camera sees to frame your shots.

I have no comparison with current FPV though.