• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

GoPro

I bought my 1st Gopro from Ebay including a 16Gb memorycard - from USA

the following 2 I bought in a local shop - more expensive but I got an insurance that I used 2 times to replace broken cameras
(water and crash damage)

Now my 3rd camera is also returned for a repair/refund :D

//UndCon

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
GoPro 2 is the only one i would have at this point. The improvements that were made over the GoPro 1 as far as image quality, menu navigation etc. are WAY worth it.

I agree with UndCon......get it with insurance so that you can have it replaced in case of a crash, scratched lens etc. The lenses on GoPros are not replaceable, one scratch to a lens RUINS the whole camera unfortunately. NEVER fly without that protected.....I know a lot of guys do, but if they crash and don't scratch their lens they are just very lucky. ;o)

Hope that helps! ;)

Cheers

Eric

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
+1 Always wear protection.
The waterproof housing is awesome but weighs a bunch.
Look at getting a Layer Lens from fpvmanuals.com. Well worth it.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the responses. I didn't know about the vulnerability of the lens. I have searched for Best Buys for the GoPro. Is this the right place?

What model should I be looking at? I noticed there are a few to choose from on the GoPro site, from the HD Hero 960 up?

Cheers

DM

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Hey Guys

Thanks for the responses. I didn't know about the vulnerability of the lens. I have searched for Best Buys for the GoPro. Is this the right place?

What model should I be looking at? I noticed there are a few to choose from on the GoPro site, from the HD Hero 960 up?

Cheers

DM
I wouldn't get the 960, I got it and I can only do 720p, if you get anything above the 960, you will have nice 1080p HD

Hey Gang

Thanks for the replies. What does 720p mean? Also, can you record a flight using the GoPro while also transmitting to your ground station?

Regards

DM