Got me a new toy!!!!!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
It finally arrived..... A pair of champs for my son and I to fly. I had it out yesterday in my front yard. It's a blast to fly. It really does take a beating. I'm going to customize it for my boy. Add his name for the plane number and see if I can find two pictures of his face so I can put it in the cockpit windows

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Oh I will! The benifit and curse of my front yard is its thick pine trees on two sides of the yard and the house is on the third. So wind is cut down but there is plenty to crash into

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Yea have to use full trow on the controler or in the wind I really don't go where I want. Yesterday I was on the low throw and it flew great. Found a couple weak spots in the design but nothing a little packing/scotch tape doesn't fix. If I go to work tomorrow (nasty chest cold) ill be flying it in the apparatus bay. It's about the size of my front yard

Liemavick

Mentor
Looks like fun! Nice front yard too. Double check your CG, it looks like it might be a little tail heavy.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Perfect weather at dusk tonight so out came the champ in the back yard.... I love flying this little thing!!!!! I need to adjust a few things. Its trimmed all the way to the right so it will fly straight. Would a little weight on the right wingtip help correct this? The elevator is trimmed down a bit. I might try and add a little weight to possibly fix that. The prop is on a downward thrust angle.

Liemavick

Mentor
Before you start adding weights a suggestion if I may. Fly the plane in a wide open space so you can take your time seeing how it fly's without having to react to turning, pulling up, etc... its really hard to trim a plane in a smaller area. I'd also take a good look at the wings, elevator, and rudder head on and see if they are level and straight. Aside from that I know Josh B has mentioned the smaller planes are more likely to be pulled by the torque of their motor which could be why its pulling to one side. Just trying to give you some ideas on what could be going on from what Ive read and seen around these parts :) Im no expert by any means.

Brian

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Can't really warp them, the foam they are build of bounces back from what ever you do to them. I'm going out to the park later and see what it does there

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Heat will warp them...

I had painted the box it came in all black, and used it as a carrying case. I left it in the back of my car in the Florida sun, and the wing had shriveled.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
They look pretty level and normal to me. I'm just about awake enough to go fly. Ill post up my results later

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Well I have to report it slope soars great. No wind when I started flying and out of nowhere..... Whoosh. Well I couldn't force it into the ground and now it's 100 feet up in a tree on the side of the road. Oh and power lines are right next to the tree.

Liemavick

Mentor
My condolences. The current situation is going to make it really difficult to further analyze its flight characteristics. ;) Trees are bad, trees with power lines next to them are even worse.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Pulled out the other one and got it flying. This one flys like a dream. Brought it to work yesterday flew it a bunch, few coworkers flew it and are thinking of buying one. I do know going down wind it can keep up with a slow moving pick up. Used up a whole battery doing touch and go's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 17