Got My Alula Built...

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
battery is charged, radio is set up, I'm inexperienced and it's very windy and gusty. What doo I do?

Well, Go maiden it of course!
Just chucked it lightly a few times just to see what happens. Gave it a light sidearm toss a couple times but it got caught in the wind, went behind me and decided to try that later :)

Gave my son a chance to film a flight, not bad for the first time using a video camera, better than my "flight" anyhow.

http://youtu.be/BVrFY93zOY8

Now I need to decide how to decorate it, thought about making a drwing of a redtail, or accipter, or even a turkey vulture, but that has been done before....hmmmm.

earthsciteach

Red Tails are very plentiful and curious. So, if you want your Alula attacked, that may be the way to go. I built a scale Red-tailed Hawk with the purpose of being shredded by one of the massive hawks that nest on the grounds of one of the middle schools in my district. I really need to fly that thing. Its hanging in my basement just waiting to be tossed into the air.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
Plenty of red tails around the house, some broad wings, Think I'm kinda deciding to go with the bird motif, but perhaps an osprey...Simple enough, can be done as black and white, good up/down contrast. Ospreys aren't the greatest soaring birds, but still a pretty cool raptor. It won't matter to the resident redtails that it is styled as an osprey, they will still attack it because it's there....

Now I just need a better day to fly it...really itching to just throw caution out the window, spin around and see how high I can get it, or see if the wings fly off! :)