Help! Got my transmitter. It's not THAT complicated...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I bought my 9x less than a year ago and hated it almost from the start - if it works to get OpenTX on it, super, if it bricks it, I still have my Jumper T8SG V2 Pro which is far superior in my view - I've even added the voice option to the Jumper :)
I agree the Jumper looks like a great system, far better than the 9x. Sounds like you have nothing to lose. I went with Er9x in my Turnegy 9x Pro, it's also got a steep learning curve, not documented all that well. I'm not sure how much different Er9x is from OpenTx.

Antioch

Interesting stuff on the Turnigy... I just starting out & think I will try my older dx4e I have (well till I get something up & flying). But with various sales on you start looking a lot.

Appreciate the discussion (wishing you luck with your new TX Buzz)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
But with various sales on you start looking a lot.
You need to consider the cost of the Rx. For the most part you stuck with the brand you choose, or at least the protocol. There is a wide difference in the cost of the Rx, some protocols are $8-15 & some are $30-70. I have always gone with the cheap ones, FlySky. I've never had any range issues. Except when I had a crash damaged antenna, but that can happen with any system.

Antioch

Thanks Merv....duly noted. I had picked up on that... but I figure I can learn to crash a bit while learning to get off the ground while I get educated on what matters & doesn't

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Merv....duly noted. I had picked up on that... but I figure I can learn to crash a bit while learning to get off the ground while I get educated on what matters & doesn't
To change brands or protocols is very expensive. Your old stuff becomes a paper weight, you are just duplicating your expense. Better off to pick your protocol and stick with it.

Mortis

Thank you. However, I've got what I've got and I like it. It's got switches and gimbels and stuff, it feels really nice in my hands, and it's my first transmitter and it is awesome and I could afford to buy it. One day I honestly hope to outgrow it and need something better.

Today, I just want to know if I'm able to set the model to airplane and set my expo's to 30%. Is that enough to fly my plane, or am I missing something?

Not something that will help fly your plane, but it could keep you a little safer. Setup a throttle cut (-110%) switch.