Graupner Binding Help

StarFyter

Total N00b question here. Just getting started in all this. Bought the all you need to fly kit. Came with Graupner MZ-10 transmitter and a GR-12L receiver. Instructions are pretty vague, but say to:

"Power on both transmitter and receiver. Press and hold receiver SET button for more than 3 seconds. Press MODE button and they will link up. You will know by a green light on receiver and an orange light on transmitter."

I turn on transmitter and the BIND light comes on. I never see a green light on the receiver. I'm doubting there even is a green light. Just a red one. The main red light up GRAUPNER symbol on the transmitter constantly flashes. Anyhow the ESC and motor do respond to stick movement. The ailerons respond also. I'm just worried that the lights aren't right. Later I found what could be a bind plug, but it says its a "Shunt Connector". So any help would be appreciated. I remember seeing a video that kind of covered it, but it wasn't a video specifically for this. It just happened to mention it in some plane build. Thanks...

Starfyter

Graupner USA

Your mz-10 comes with a GR-12L receiver that indeed has no green light. If the there is no LED light on your receiver and all controls are functional then the bind was successful.

StarFyter

Thanks for responding Graupner USA. There is a light on the receiver and it's flashing red. The Transmitter keeps emitting beeps, generally in a sequence of 4. So I just don't know if everything is right. THanks...

Your mz-10 comes with a GR-12L receiver that indeed has no green light. If the there is no LED light on your receiver and all controls are functional then the bind was successful.

StarFyter

Also will the MZ-10 work for a drone? Will it bind with a GR-18 flight controller? If not I must buy another transmitter to even think about flying a drone.

Graupner USA

Yes you can. There is only one issue you have to take into account which is not having a throttle hold switch. This is a safety issue so be careful when operating your drone before and after flight.

I have been flying our Alpha 300Q 3D copter with the mz-10 and added a smartbox display that lets you read telemetry and also provide you with access to all GR-18 control settings if needed.

On the other hand if you buy the mz-12/gr-18 combo you may have more flexibility especially with the newer GR-18 firmware we just released.

Good luck and happy holidays!

IMG_3280.jpg IMG_3281.jpg IMG_3282.jpg

StarFyter

Thanks for the info. That saves me 99 bucks on the build. When I bought the MZ-10 I begged like a madman to upgrade it to the MZ-12 but that's something they just don't do. Thanks Again!!!