Graupner GR-16L Receiver for Quad Build?

ryguy

Greetings,

I am a newbie starting to get into race quads and am trying to start my first build. I was interested in building the new Flite Test Gremlin as it looked like the perfect starter kit for me.

My problem is I have the Graupner MZ-12 transmitter and GR-16L receiver combo and I am on a bit of a budget so I'm trying not to spend money buying an entirely new transmitter and receiver.

Is there any possible way that I can use this receiver for my build? Can this receiver link up with a basic flight controller to enable me to run a quad? If so what are the specific steps I have to take in order to do so? Or if not should I just toss aside Graupner and save up to buy a Taranis or similar transmitter?

Honestly any advice here will be helpful since I am new to this hobby. Thank you!

Liam B

I think you would have more luck with the Gr-12l, but that’s all I have to say. If someone could offer more help, please do.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I t looks like in theory it will work. You need to use the SumD output, and the Emax flight controller will accept SumD.

Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Fred

ryguy

I think you would have more luck with the Gr-12l, but that’s all I have to say. If someone could offer more help, please do.

I saw the Flite Test video where they were able to hook up the Naze 32 board to the Gr-12L. Would I be able to do the same with the F3 Femto board that comes with the Gremlin?

ryguy

I t looks like in theory it will work. You need to use the SumD output, and the Emax flight controller will accept SumD.

Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Fred

By chance do you know which servo plug on the GR-16L would allow me to connect to the SumD output? And would I just have to connect the positive, negative and signal wires from the board and plug it into the receiver?