Graupner Hott Fan - Review

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

We heard your requests! You wanted more gliders so here's the review so here's the Graupner Hott Fan Motor Glider!

graupner-hot-fan-01-png_1427934761.jpg

The Graupner SJ Hott Fan features a retracting motor. Learn more here: www.Graupner.de

graupner-hot-fan-10-png_1427934628.jpg

Made from “Graupner / SJ SOLIDPOR®” foam, the Hott Fan glider has a sturdy construction.

graupner-hot-fan-02-png_1427934749.jpg

Power with a brushless motor HPD 2512-5000.

graupner-hot-fan-11-png_1427934605.jpg

Though the weather was very windy during our flights, we were impressed by how well the motor glider handled.

graupner-hot-fan-09-png_1427934640.jpg

From our experience with the Hott Fan, we wouldn't recommend it as a beginner plane.

graupner-hot-fan-06-png_1427934704.jpg

Learn more here: www.Graupner.de

graupner-hot-fan-07-png_1427934689.jpg

graupner-hot-fan-05-png_1427934834.jpg

graupner-hot-fan-03-png_1427934740.jpg

This motor glider is an ARTF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit. all you need to do is attach the wings and pushrods.

graupner-hot-fan-04-png_1427934731.jpg

The split wing is reinforced with CFRP spar.

graupner-hot-fan-08-png_1427934768.jpg

Learn more here: www.Graupner.de

Have you had any experience with the Hott Fan Motor Glider? Share it with us! Post an article or share your comments.

rodair

It would be nice to see more in details the wing attachment (lock) as well as the EDF retractable mechanism if possible in a soon to come future.
Another first by Graupner!..they really are good at choosing their airfoil!
Anyone knows what they use on this one?

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Fun episode. Having to reattach the ailerons to the servo for transport is a deal breaker. It would have been nice to get David's opinion.

Fun episode. Having to reattach the ailerons to the servo for transport is a deal breaker.

I agree, that sort of thing, i would like to have it dialed in, and be able to leave it. But, im sure you could make some sort of jig that sat on the wing to give you your aileron positions.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
I'm with Peter on this... I don't use expos, I don't like expos, I like to feel the plane for as it is... but then my control is different as I pinch, I'm not a crazy thumb slammer that needs expos because of a lack of fine control hehehehe

bstanley72

I'm with Peter on this... I don't use expos, I don't like expos, I like to feel the plane for as it is... but then my control is different as I pinch, I'm not a crazy thumb slammer that needs expos because of a lack of fine control hehehehe

I take it you don't fly 3D planes :)

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
I take it you don't fly 3D planes :)

I fly to relax, not to stress myself out more... and a glider isn't a 3D plane. I'm still not used to brushless motors much even because I slopesoar!!

3D is one of those things that I admire like for example tightrope walking: I think it's amazing what people do, but it's just not something I would enjoy doing, it would stress me out too much.

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

I know they are used to smooth out center stick now, but I always thought expo was invented to make the movement of the control surfaces linear which aren't because of the way they are moved by the servo.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I think that was originally used for, but with 3d planes crazy control surface it really became necessary so they don't twitch out all over the place.

yamaan93

the motor

i am doing a project and i would like to know who amy volts, watts, and amps does this motor require

kiwichristian

HELP!

I need a new motor for the EDF.

The instructions say a "HPD 2512-5000" but i cannot find this anywhere on aliexpress or ebay.

Can anyone help, please?

Dean