Great Show Ideas

wyatt9455

Hey Flite Test Crew,

I am a new RC hobbyist and fan of your videos. I have some ideas for videos I would like to see. This Christmas, I am asking for a quad and am looking at the Blade 180 QX RTF. When looking for an RC product, I always look to Flite Test, but you haven't reviewd the copter (and neither has any other major hobby show.) I would really like to hear what you guys think of it. On the subject of quads, I've got a challenge for you: lay out various items: chairs, tables, balls, etc.. Then have each crew member go out and buy/build a quad. Finally, race through the course, landing on each object only once, no more or less, without touching the ground, or they are disqualified. First person to land on everything then fly the quad back and catch it wins! My moneys on Josh Scott

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Hi, and welcome to the forum. They did do an episode on the nano qx, but not the 180. That would be an interesting episode, add some hula hoops too.

ErwinGerber

Hi Flite Test Crew
I'm new here, but I've been watching a lot of your shows.
I am specially interested in your 200% builds.
Could you by any chance build a MQ9-Reaper model - Normal scratchbuild size & also a 200% size?
I also want to challenge you to Build one with a +-2meter wingspan.

Let me know what you think!
Keep up the good work - Love your shows!

Grounded Gremlin

The guy that doesn't fly
MQ9 is not really the kind of thing you want to see flying around as a part of the hobby, especially if it is built by Flite Test, such large representatives of it. A big military-like aircraft wouldn't really go down well...

Would love to see some more 200%'s though too. How about a FT3D?

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
This Christmas, I am asking for a quad and am looking at the Blade 180 QX RTF. When looking for an RC product, I always look to Flite Test, but you haven't reviewd the copter (and neither has any other major hobby show.)

My general impression is that Blade just plain makes great stuff.

Specific to this aircraft, if I'm not mistaken, it's what CraftyDan had out at the field last night (For the life of me I can't keep up with all the Blade quads and such), and other than getting disoriented on landing, I found it pretty easy to fly. They definitely have great crash survivability and are in general great little quad trainers.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
You were actually flying the Blade MQX, the predicessor to the 180 QX.

Wyatt,

The 180QX flies *even better* (full stabilization, self leveling and the SAFE "oh crap" functions).

As far as quads go, it's got good power, a *light* payload capacity (it comes stock with a small camera, IIRC) only annoying in a prop strike (it stings but it's unlikly it'll break skin) and right on the cusp of being light enough it bounces without damage. you *can* break it, but it's fairly resiliant.

They typically fly ~ 1S 500mAh pack for about 10 minutes, unloaded. naturally, less with a payload (camera).

Only big downside with 180QX or the nanoQX . . . no lights. There are aftermarket light kits available for them, and it becomes *MUCH* easier to keep orentation with them, but you'll have to install that yourself.