Great Success with Tiny Trainer.

Bighorn

Hello from Montana. I've been flying rc planes for a couple of months and after crashing my T28 1.1m into my truck last week I decided to take a step back and build a Tiny Trainer. I flew it for the first time today and it was amazing! It flew straight and slow, only needing a few clicks of trim. It was my first flight where I was calm and relaxed. Really enjoyed it. I'm running power pack A, spektrum AR410 and a 2S 430ma battery. Weight w/o battery is 216g. I got a good 8 minutes w/ that little battery in calm conditions.

Attachments

• 4F62A6F6-919F-44BA-98AA-2DDAE21302B9.jpeg
    4F62A6F6-919F-44BA-98AA-2DDAE21302B9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Great looking plane. Glad to hear of your success. The TT is a great plane to start with.

Hoomi

Master member
Nice job!

The Tiny Trainer is a great little plane. My coworker gave me one of the SBKs for it last year, and I put it together with the sport wing. It's one of my flying field regulars, and the plane I did my first FPV flights with. It's just an all-around fun plane.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am a big fan of the TT and have a few at home, I have 3ch, 4ch, MT1806 motors and the MT2204 motors. Its still fun to fly, every so often I get one out and nip to the near-by field and throw it around the sky :)(y)

Hello from Montana. I've been flying rc planes for a couple of months and after crashing my T28 1.1m into my truck last week I decided to take a step back and build a Tiny Trainer. I flew it for the first time today and it was amazing! It flew straight and slow, only needing a few clicks of trim. It was my first flight where I was calm and relaxed. Really enjoyed it. I'm running power pack A, spektrum AR410 and a 2S 430ma battery. Weight w/o battery is 216g. I got a good 8 minutes w/ that little battery in calm conditions.
Great to hear! You must be feeling really good about this hobby right now. I've done the same thing more than once - take one step back and build something more simple and easier to fly. Congrats. (y)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I have been waiting to maiden the Tiny Trainer I built. I finished it last week and its been raining and super windy ever since. If that don't calm down soon it will be too cold here to work the fingers on the radio.

View attachment 211749
Out of nearly 30 flyable planes in my collection I still keep going back to the TT they are great fun and very forgiving.

Marzipan

I have been waiting to maiden the Tiny Trainer I built. I finished it last week and its been raining and super windy ever since. If that don't calm down soon it will be too cold here to work the fingers on the radio.

View attachment 211749

can't do anything about the rain, but I read the TT is does really well in wind, so that might now have to slow you down if the rain stops!

we got snow here today. melting as soon as it hits, but wow, snow in November for us is apparently unimaginable.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
can't do anything about the rain, but I read the TT is does really well in wind, so that might now have to slow you down if the rain stops!

we got snow here today. melting as soon as it hits, but wow, snow in November for us is apparently unimaginable.

We had snow this morning here.. just passing flurries and minor squalls nothing stuck.. Weather says close to 60f tomorrow so will try n get to the park for a shot at a maiden. Got no way to film it though as my camera ate itself with acid from an old batch o batteries. Wont even see a sim card anymore even when using the plug in power wart. I have a Walmart phone but no one to hold it in the general direction I want to fly..

SSgt Duramax

We had snow this morning here.. just passing flurries and minor squalls nothing stuck.. Weather says close to 60f tomorrow so will try n get to the park for a shot at a maiden. Got no way to film it though as my camera ate itself with acid from an old batch o batteries. Wont even see a sim card anymore even when using the plug in power wart. I have a Walmart phone but no one to hold it in the general direction I want to fly..
You will like it. They fly great. My daughter has trashed 2 so far. I am tired of cutting out fuselages though. I wish i could just buy a batch of sbk fuselages lol. They always crack at the back where the control rods go out and never go back together right.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
What part of Montana?