Greeting Northeast!

Flynn

Hello all. I'm using this soggy winter to build some cool stuff to fly this spring/summer. Hopefully one day we can get a meet together in the north east some day.

Flynn

Hi Flynn...Darn! I was gonna be the first one to post in "Northeast" but never got around to it yesterday! I would encourage all others in the NE to put your pin in the FT google map (link below) so we all know where we are located, first step in maybe getting together sometime?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=206537710041372649195.0004e7d9393f716d5c0bf

I'm thinking we should have a north east meet sometime, somewhere this summer. It would be great to get together and fly with friends.

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
Hullo all!
Just set my pin.
I set it a while ago, but it got moved somehow.:confused: Oh well.

I think a NE meet is a great idea. Would it be at a club field or some other venue?

baronbernie

I must be a few french fries short of a Happy Meal but when I tried to add my pin to the map, I was unable to find the "edit" button. I looked and pushed just about everything but with no luck. Will someone please help me? I live in the West Side of Buffalo.

eagle4

baronbernie, did you use the undo button at the top? so all the pins you moved went back to thier location? or did you save the map with the pins now in the wrong locations?

augernaught

Augernaught
NewZee,
I just checked the map and your pin is not where it is supposed to be.
You are in West Buffalo now. I am not good at this and just got lucky putting
my pin up so didn't dare try to fix it or try to help baronbernie.
I might end up erasing the whole map somehow LOL!

Flynn

Hullo all!
Just set my pin.
I set it a while ago, but it got moved somehow.:confused: Oh well.

I think a NE meet is a great idea. Would it be at a club field or some other venue?

I don't belong to a club, just a soccer field I fly at. I was thinking maybe something central to all of us. I think we have some time to figure out the details.

NewZee

NewZee,
I just checked the map and your pin is not where it is supposed to be.
You are in West Buffalo now. I am not good at this and just got lucky putting
my pin up so didn't dare try to fix it or try to help baronbernie.
I might end up erasing the whole map somehow LOL!
I fixed it! thanks for the heads up!

rifled

Any local Rhode Island scratch builders? Looking for a group of guys to get together and fly with on weekdays after work?

eagle4

hey mate. there are a couple of people who seem to be in your area. have you looked at the flitetest members map? look on pages 3 and 4

orcusomega

Greetings from Eastern PA! Just getting into planes, been in ground vehicles for a long time though. Would be awesome to be able to meet up, even informally. Flynn, I travel to north Jersey a lot for work, we should see if we can catch up after work whe the weather warms up (if it ever warms up at this rate!)

Flynn

Welcome! Sounds Good Orcusomega! I travel to Eastern PA every now and then. I hope it warms up soon!

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Great idea! I just updated the map with my pin in Boston. Feels kind of lonely on that map as the only pin here.

Flynn

eagle4, I just used that today, lol.

If anyone is looking how to access the other pages, use the scroll bar left of center and at the very bottom there is the page numbers. Up to 6 now.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Thanks for the tip eagle4, but yeah, I checked the other pages. The next closest member to me is windburn in Somerville. Not too far, but with city traffic, parking issues, etc, it's a pain to go far from home or work to fly.

KillerOfDolts

Hi all! Just checking in here. Im in Waterville Maine, and the weather is just getting good. Im into multicopters, and this spring I will be working on my FPV skills. I hope to go long range by next spring. Unless Im a natural.....but Im not...lol