Greetings everyone new to the group

jpeace3

I guess this is the place to start šŸ˜Š. Iā€™m one of those guys that is always tinkering with something. My dad and uncle got me started in Estes rockets and r/c boats (WOW! R/C sure has changed since the 70ā€™s.). I always thought r/c planes were expensive and heart crushing when you crashed that balsa masterpiece. Then I see Flite Test with FB and technology has caught up in radios and Shazam Iā€™m in. Iā€™m a aircraft technician by trade and this is heaven on earth šŸ˜! Iā€˜ve got it and Iā€™ve got it bad. I like Josh Bixlers approach (find a friend and get them started in). Between Sunday school kids, children and grandchildren the group is never ending. Merry Christmas everyone and I will chat after the Holiday.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I guess this is the place to start šŸ˜Š. Iā€™m one of those guys that is always tinkering with something. My dad and uncle got me started in Estes rockets and r/c boats (WOW! R/C sure has changed since the 70ā€™s.). I always thought r/c planes were expensive and heart crushing when you crashed that balsa masterpiece. Then I see Flite Test with FB and technology has caught up in radios and Shazam Iā€™m in. Iā€™m a aircraft technician by trade and this is heaven on earth šŸ˜! Iā€˜ve got it and Iā€™ve got it bad. I like Josh Bixlers approach (find a friend and get them started in). Between Sunday school kids, children and grandchildren the group is never ending. Merry Christmas everyone and I will chat after the Holiday.
Welcome, brother! Have a great Christmas!
(Love your avatar pic! (y))

checkerboardflyer

Thanks for sharing. We may have similar experiences. I remember pulse proportional, rubber band escapements, silk span and dope. No throttle control; run the engine wide open and make sharp turns to bring her down. Then wait until the fuel tank runs dry and land. And no mufflers. The good old days! You may find some interesting information on my blog: https://foamboardflyers.com All foam board stuff. Welcome!