Greetings from the Far Northwest

synjin

Elite member
Hey Folks,

I've returned to RC after a 30 year hiatus. I broke...I mean...ran cars before (and even found my old Blizzard crawler), but now I'm crashing...I mean...flying foam core. In the last 2 months I've built a Simple Scout, a Mini Trainer and 2 Mini Scouts (crashed the Speed Build Mini scout and flew the scratch-build Mini Scout today).

It's the scratch building that I like (well, and the FT Speed Build kits). Learning to fly has been a challenge, but it's getting better. Crashed the Trainer today (made the mistake of looking down) after flying the scratch Scout fairly well. I only cartwheeled the Scout on the landing.

Nice to be here.

Synjin

Headbang

Master member
Hey Folks,

I've returned to RC after a 30 year hiatus. I broke...I mean...ran cars before (and even found my old Blizzard crawler), but now I'm crashing...I mean...flying foam core. In the last 2 months I've built a Simple Scout, a Mini Trainer and 2 Mini Scouts (crashed the Speed Build Mini scout and flew the scratch-build Mini Scout today).

It's the scratch building that I like (well, and the FT Speed Build kits). Learning to fly has been a challenge, but it's getting better. Crashed the Trainer today (made the mistake of looking down) after flying the scratch Scout fairly well. I only cartwheeled the Scout on the landing.

Nice to be here.

Synjin
Welcome back!
When we are young we are too broke to fly, then we get distracted by.... life, then at some point we have money to fly again and no time, then we have time and no money again! I am somewhere between the last 2 lol

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
getting good at flying takes time, but i personally feel that learning curve is accelerated by building. if you can build it and understand how it flies, the chances of you being successful actually flying it increases.

welcome back and most of all have fun!

me :cool:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Happy you're here, man. Welcome to the FT Forums! The building is a lot of the fun for me as well, though I'm not very good at it. I'm just happy that it flys! If the flying is the issue, from personal experience, simulator time helped a lot. In the sim, I crashed and crashed and crashed and then I didn't.

I'm going to drop you a link. I am not endorsing the seller, I would suggest getting it from wherever you want. it's where I got the $14 dollar sim from that members of this forum have made models of the FT birds that will load into it and you can practice with.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/phoenix-rc-and-ft-models.56476/

Welcome to the forum. May your building be excellent and your flights even better!