Greetings from the land of... Tulips! The Netherlands

Hionimi

Sky Pirate
Hi all, freshly registered and thus introducing myself. My, well, e-name is Hionimi, I'm 26, living in the Netherlands and quite hyped over multirotors lately. I started with a Hype U Can Fly..! after practicing for only three hours on a Phoenix sim. As soon as I send this awesome airplane into the sky I was hooked. I've been flying ever since whenever the rather unstable weather here in the Netherlands would let me. Months ago I started making plans for building a Quadcopter but in the mean time my U Can Fly..! suffered a very severe crash that destroyed half the body, a wing and pretty much all electronics in the front except the battery and ESC. This happened stupidly enough because I didn't strap the battery down but relied on the on top mounted lit only and was flying inverted. The battery fell out and miraculously survived the fall, but the plane didn't. A month or two after that, a friend who already had many multirotors offered me to buy his Quad which he had only flown a few times. I bought and have been enjoying it ever since. So yeah, that be my RC story so far. I came here as I'm a fan of the show and they mentioned the Forums a few times, so I'm curious what this place is like. :p

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Welcome Hionimi! Love the avatar!

Lots of multi-rotor talk, lots of fixed wing, along with practically everything else. Interested in building your own fixed wing, lotsa brains to pick.

Overall we've got a friendly atmosphere here, so feel free to start a thread or chime in if you've got a comment or question.

Won't say the threads *look* as awesome as the FT guys -- they are as awesome, just not as professionally produced ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Well, it's why I love their show, especially Joshua Scott's joking around. :p

Well we won't disappoint with the occational smart-aleck remarks and joking around. Polished discussions and proper spelling and grammer, however, ain't always there. but we're just a bunch of buddies back at the virtual flying shed, swapping stories and jokes, asking and getting advice, and showing off. Feel free to jump into the conversation anytime!

Royall

sure sounds like my kind of place! I love laid back... goes with the life style of rural big island Hawai'i....

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Awesome! Then feel free to hang out with us. Ask whats troubling you and chip in where you can . . . or just shoot the breeze.

Welcome to the forum, Royall!

Johan

Welcome Hionimi,
(of welkom hier! ) another fellow countryman :) You'll like it here !

Groeten,
Johan